Thread: couple Apple questions

couple Apple questions

I have never been a Mac user, never used Mac OSX, but hearing that it is unix based really interested me in becoming a Mac user, although prices always make me think twice. My question is: Mac OS X allows to run purely command line??

Also I have looked in apple´s site for detailed info about the iPod and couldn't answer my question, does anyone know if it can store any type of file like a hd or just mp3??? Now that its available for windows it will be amazing to be able to carry a 10 GB hd in your pocket! Just for mp3 its too expensive but if it can be used for any type of files its a good investment.

To answer part of your questions regarding the Ipod. The Ipod can carry any type of file. They had an article in Wired a while back reporting about how people were using the IPod to steal programs off of Macs in the stores.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    OS X has both command line and graphic interface.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I never been a mac user but to answer ur question i had a look on the system of a friend of mine who have mac and he seems to have a large hd ore than 10GB as i saw..
    also in an ad i saw a poweribook(a protable mac my dear) or something like that.. with g4@1ghz and a large hd.. but's it's enough hard to manipulate in the begening..
    i.e: to install a printer me and my friend had to install the port first because it was not detected and then the cable.. and finaly the printer which took us all night we finaly slept at 6AM..
    Have fun..
    Toka Koka: To receive a reward, an equivalent sacrifice has to be made!