VMWARE 4 Beta - Free

Thread: VMWARE 4 Beta - Free

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

VMWARE 4 Beta - Free

A number of people have asked me about this virtual PC software. Well, if you are willing to install beta software, VMWARE will give you a free copy for download. Remember, it's a beta release!

http://www.vmware.com/download/workstation_beta.html

Enjoy!

i will enjoy, thanks!

thanks thehorse13. i didn't see any mention of an expiration date on the this. do you know if their is one?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Hehe, sweet I have always wanted to try it... thanks for the link.

Jack

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Nope, no expiration. You are basically participating in the beta program and you get the beta version for free. They are hoping that people like us will try it out an report bugs when we come across them.

I'm glad you guys/gals liked this post.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

i highly recommend using VMware. it's one of the best programs ever written. i'm currently running win2k as my host OS, and i've got a Redhat and FreeBSD virtual machine both running--with X windows and everything. i love this stuff. i got the program through other means, but if you're interested i strongly recommend checking this out.

I installed it yesterday and with the registration key they sent, it expires 4/2/2003... so around 30 days license. I then installed FreeBSD 5-release and am having problems with the sound and display. But i'm more than likely screwing somthing up myself.

but I got a freebsd server i can screw with while i should be working. ;o)