Computer LCD screens

Thread: Computer LCD screens

Computer LCD screens

I would Like to know if you were to put a LCD screen on the front of a computer case could you wire or program the screen to show nothing but video prejections of images or Winamp's AVS's(visiualizations). I need to know
    The Many Signatures Of Me[gloworange]Moses Anderson[/gloworange]Moses Anderson [shadow]Moses Anderson[/shadow]

The Iceman Cometh
    Technically speaking, yes you can. Whether it is worth the time and energy (which will be quite significant), is up to you. Considering you'd have to write programs to both control the hardware and the software, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd also have to be able to have a means of flashing the chips you'll need to get the LCD to work with the computer. Is it possible? Yes. Is it feasible? No.

AJ

How hard is it to attach a laptop lcd to a desktop computer in general to use as say a cheap end monitor? or does the cost outweigh the price of a new lcd monitor?
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Sounds like a good idea, but would take alot of work and programming for the hardware/software

I ever used LCD screen infornt of my PC . here's the step :
    1). Put the LCD infornt of the computer
    2). Put the USB to your PC
    3). Let the computer does auto detect to your LCD
    4). If your Computer can't detect it you should have a driver to introduce your LCD to your computer.
    5) you may link these :
    www.apollodisplays.com/drivers.php
    www.shellyinc.com/chipspec.htm
    http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects.../download.html
    lcdriver.pointofnoreturn.org/v1files.html .

* i could be wrong but i've tried it for many times.. perhaps you can try it too .

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

The Iceman Cometh
    The problem with using a secondary display to do such things is that many programs (including Winamp's Visualizations) will only run on the primary display. If you do run them, you won't have access to your Start Menu, because that, as well, only works on the primary display. The only way to get it to work would be if you write a program which would allow you to run the visualizations on a secondary display.

Also, in response to spyrus, using a laptop display on a deskop is *really* not feasible...

AJ