Thread: Free Online Course

Free Online Course

Hey all,

I have found the following link that has a free online course dealing with the Internet, TCP/IP, DNS etc...

This Programmed Instruction Course is targeted at the technically literate reader, who lacks a good understanding of how the Internet works, but wants to learn. This is not a end user course, but rather an engineering course. If you complete the course, you'll not get a CNE certificate, but perhaps a congratulatory email from me, and more importantly a decent understanding of how this amazing technology works.
    Hope that someone gets some enjoyment and knowledge out of it...

http://www.freesoft.org/CIE/index.htm
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Hi,

Seems like an interesting read particularly for newbies.

Cheers,
    Bluzky.

Nice site. I dig the cheesy graphics, too. So retro. Great info though, seriously.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

well thanks for inforemation

Bugger! There goes another day of studying OO Software Development!
    Flod!

Thanks SoggyBottom, this is what I have been looking for. I'm a completley new to DNS and have been wanting to have more of an understanding of it. This should help me and other newbies a lot. Thanks
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

Thank u so much!
    A
    --------------------------------
    Feud with this sham life!