New WTC building chosen

Thread: New WTC building chosen

Thumbs up New WTC building chosen

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast...ect/index.html

Sounds pretty cool!
    "The architect says that having calculated the arc of the sun, a wedge of natural light would funnel visitors to the memorial site, and that every September 11 between 8:46 a.m., when the first tower was struck by a plane, and 10:28 a.m., when the second tower collapsed, no shadows will be cast by his buildings. "

404 error message
    The page you requested cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
    If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    Open the www.cnn.com home page and look for links to the information you want.
    Use the navigation bar on the left to find the link you are looking for.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    Enter a term in the search form below to look for information on CNN sites or the Internet.

Fixed it

I like this one better:
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Originally posted here by x acidreign x
    I like this one better:
    Haha, that's pretty cool..

In all seriousness, I think that is a great design and a wonderful idea to do! That had to take some seriously calculations to figure out! Great post DarkLord918!
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

AO Ancient: Team Leader

Re: New WTC building chosen

Originally posted here by DarkLord918
    and that every September 11 between 8:46 a.m., when the first tower was struck by a plane, and 10:28 a.m., when the second tower collapsed, no shadows will be cast by his buildings. "
    He's making the buildings invisible?????? Sunlight will pass right through..... Now that's something I have to see.......

The piece I'd really like to get a close look at though is the radar guided Surface to Air missiles near the top and the sign saying "Er.... You wanna try that again Osama?"

Seriously though: I'm glad the US and NY specifically are not appeasing the LLL, (Lily Livered Left), by not erecting another tall building in the twin towers place as they were suggesting for fear it will happen again. That is what is know as successful terrorism..... They change your way of doing things...They win!!!!!

I'm still a big fan of Acid's example of a proper rebuild......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Thanks for the post. The design is akin to something out of a comic book - very cool.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

can you imagin when that is done?? the sun comes up, hits it just right.... wow, i am glad they chose this design... it will look absolutely breathtaking. I heard rumors that they were going to build turrets on top of this one, haha.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)