Hardware Question (Monitor)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardware Question (Monitor)

Hardware Question (Monitor)

I have a dell p1130 monitor and lately it has been fading. I'll be looking at it and the whole screen will go blurry, and I can't get a responce from dell... Any ideas of what could cause this. It just started recently.

how old is the monitor? it could be going out...
    have you change any settings lately, installed any video games?
    prolly just the monitor screwing up... maybe there is a diagnostic | some-one on AO could post?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

by the way (its 1 y/o old)

my monitor will, without warning, flare up and get brighter, then back down again, even when its idle.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

yeah, but I can't see anything when it blurs up and that sucks in the middle of a game or movie....

Do you know what Degaussing is? Whenever I have monitor "problems" I usually try this first and 90% of the time it fixes anything that is going on. The other 10% is just that the monitor was bad or is going bad.

Every monitor is different, but your manual that came with it (Dell should have given you one) would explain how to do it. And you don't need to wait until it goes blurry, you can degauss at anytime.

Degauss: To degauss (pronounced dee-GOWS) is to demagnetize. Degaussing a computer display removes any undesirable magnetic field that may have built up within the display, causing distortion of the image or color. Display monitors with cathode ray tube (CRT) technology are subject to the buildup of magnetic fields. Many display manufacturers include an internal coil that will degauss the display when it is turned on. Some displays also include an external control that a user can operate to degauss the display at any time.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

ooops, degaussed my hard drive by mistake... (I'll look for my maunual tonight and test it)

Talking

Degaussing your hard drive would be bad... Mmmmk? LOL
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

I re-arranged the whole room making sure the electronics were away from the PC. The guide claims it degausses it self otherwise I should shut it off and on, but that only works for 20 - 45 minutes. I just can't figure it out, and to be honest... I don't think the monitor is really going... Just something isn't right with it.

Deguassing i like haviung an anti virus protection even if it runs on it own, sometimes you need to run yourself.

Check the buttons on your Monitor if it is only a year or so old there should be a menu, with some popup on the screens, and pictures and text. Look for something with a "n" slash through it.

Like the Acidrive said it fixes the problem alot. It may sound dumb, make sure the monitor is properly plugged in. is the power soruce right?

Finally try changing the refresh rate of the monitor, and the screen resolution size, as long as the color output, (16bit, 32bit, 256colors) Experiment around.