Thread: computer programming help

computer programming help

Hello guys,
    I want some help, I know two languages, c and assembly little bit.
    I am studying in 4th semester of MSCS.
    I have interest in system security, viruses, and as well programming,
    I am confused very much that, I should concentrate on learning assembly language or c.
    Assembly language is so near to machine, and any work is very effiecient in assembly, but
    C as you know is most important for programming which helps us, while learning any other language.
    So guys, I want some help some suggestions,
    So Much Thanks ,

PUNJABIAN263

Whatever you find easier.
    Assembly should be a great start if you dont find it killing.
    Then C/C++ is always the best to learn.

But if you're essentially interested in computer programming, i think C++ should be a great launchpad. In the end, what i wrote in the first line still holds truth.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Asm or C ?

Well that depend on what you want to do with. If you want to develop a big app like Word or Excel you must choose C. If you want to write a very small program and fast use asm.

In fact, I think, it is more easily to develop with a high language like C/C++ and write some asm part only where you need optimization.

I think it's better to know both of them. C is the best programming language ever built. But even if you know C you will need to know assembly. It's very useful for making some apllications that use the video memory (eg. drawing a function on the screen)

I first learned C++ and tried some assembly language programming after that. I personally felt that knowing the C++ helped a great amount when trying to learn assembly. If you're going to learn them both, go with C++ first.

i agree with mahdi, it would be best to learn both, but for the meantime i suggest C++
    Tha all mity Rodent!

Being object-oriented, C++ is a great language to learn; whether you have prior programming experience or not. It will give you a great basis for learning other languages in the future. However; ASM is still important for you to know. If I were you, I would put ASM on the back burner until you get a feel for C++. Good Luck : )

C++ ROXXXXXX.....
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

Punja,
    Having experienced Asm, C, and C++ (among others)....get a good grip on Asm. Learn how to use it, but don't spend forever on it (maybe 3-6 months depending on how much time you spend a day). It will give you an excellent understanding of what your C/C++ programs are actually doing.

When you get well versed with Asm, switch to C++. You will find that it provides you with a massive amount of features and precoded tools (classes...you'll see). Additionally, the skills you learned on writing good, effecient Asm will really help you write clean C++ code. Asm makes you do everything manually, whereas C++ wants to do some things for you. After working with Asm, you will find it easier to manage/tweak your C++ programs and even troubleshoot them when the compiler just isn't compiling it the way you want it to run.

Good Luck.

P.S. Get a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio and MSDN (Help Files). They have excellent class descriptions, sample code, and how-to's to get you off the ground.
    Intelligent people talk about ideas.
    Average people talk about things.
    Small people talk about other people.