Thread: Oh God!

Oh God!

Fifty years to the day from the discovery of the structure of DNA, one of its co-discoverers has caused a storm by suggesting that stupidity is a genetic disease that should be cured.
    http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993451

ROFL!
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

LMAO
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

absolutely, I'm not saying we should sentance stupid people to death or anything, but we should definitely remove all the warning labels and let the problem solve itself... lol... seriously, tho, in an evolutionary sense, it is a very valid statement... with the advancement of society, stupidity is no longer a terminal disease, therefore, stupid people live long enough to produce offspring.. however, i think it is more a mental disease than a genetic one. stupid people today will survive, neigh, thrive in today's society, therefore there is no reason for a lazy person to become smart.

<edit> One more thing, you ever listen to Loveline? Loveline is a radio show hosted by Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew Lipinski (inspired the shortlived tv show) If you don't beleive that stupid people thrive/breed better than smart people, Listen to ONE episode, it'll change your mind damn quick.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

I've long thought that society circumvents evolution, ergo: weakening the gene pool. We will eventually breed ourselves to cultural stagnation then eventually, regression. Someday, we'll be back in the trees.

If I may quote a Janes Addiction song, "Some people should die, that's just unconcious knowledge."