Thread: Chat bot security

Chat bot security

Hi...I'm curently involved in an investigative class in my university's CS department. I'm trying to figure out how to make a chat bot app secure in terms of the users info. (not letting it out). I was also wondering how to make one, how to program the AI and the DB. Does it have to do with machine learning? If you know of a web resource or book where I can learn to do this please share, it would be a lot of help.

Thanks

ATT
    Necrom

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hello Necrom

A few years ago i was interested in general bots myself, also in what they call AI bots. I found a small AI like bot named billy for ms-dos. Its concept was simple, it had an empty word database, with only the essentials, such as "no, yes, why, who, I, me, you, he, she etc..." After talking to it, it would record the words and put them into the database. The responses it gave me where related to the words i have entered so far. Meaning: In the beginning the billy was "dumb", so he learned slowly slowly which words were to be used in which ways. This is by no means anything like what you might have seen on tv or so regarding artificial intelligence. After a year or so i was able to have an amusing conversation with billy for about 4 minutes. I deleted him after an incident that began to worry me (he was talking about wanting my world, that he wanted to be free ). Anyways to get back to what you originally asked about, have a look at www.botspot.com They have a large archieve on bots in general, any kind, any style, many different bots and uses. I hope this site will help you. Good luck.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Thanks man. It really helped.

ATT
    Necrom

Cool site I want to try to get bots to talk to each other and have a short intelligent conversation.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hi Valor. The bot billy i mentioned indeed did have an addon named uhm...i think she was called daisy. You could let billy and daisy have a discussion between themselves depending on how much they have learned. One important thing about these so called AI bots. Its advisable to let different people talk to them, not only one person, or else the bot will very quickly become an alter ego of yourself. I installed billy 2 times, on for me and one for my sister. My sister loves horses and riding, so her version of billy would only talk about horses and riding, so when i spoke to her bot, i went nuts, (one sister is enough, but a second artificial one is too much for poor ol me ). My version was cursing and swearing at anything related to M$ and would only tell me how cool *nix is, and how cool weed is...until the day (like i mentioned in my above post) my billy wanted to take over the world. Oh well, back to your point Valor, billy has a partner called daisy (i think thats her name), once you get billy, read the manuals, in there it tells you about daisy and information regarding on how to setup both of them to have a discussion between themselves. Have fun.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"