Thread: Outlook Security

Post Outlook Security

Hi every one; this is just short trick for those using outlook (it works for express as well)
    The thing is: if you ever get infected by a virus that remail's himself to every contact in your address book; not enabling the virus to do so... I've read it in a magazine and done it myself; but never caught one of those virus; so i can't assure it works by having tested it; but I really trust the mag; it taugh me a lot of what i know...
    The thing is: you should add a contact with this name: !0000 and leave the email Address gap blank. Well what this does according the mag is this:
    This contact will be placed on the first place of the address book; thus when a virus start's to remail it self (usualy from top to bottom) the first contatc that it will try to send to will be !000 which has no email address.. this rsults in the virus being unable to remail itself... The magazine said it was usefull at least for SirCam virus; and i really trust it because it taught me how to de Sircam my PC; and it worked just fine....
    Hope this little trick helps you keep your neighbours safe...
    ampm2003
    \"Aclaró que un Aleph es uno de los puntos del espacio que contiene todos los puntos\"... (An Aleph is a point in space that contains every point)
    Jorge Luis Borges \"El Aleph\"...

Thanks for the information amom2003. I was just wondering what the magizene was called where your learning most of what you know?

Unless you understand spanish i don't think you'll gonna buy it... The magazine is called "Users" (it was once called "PC Users") and it's edited in Argentina... I think it is sold in the USA; but it's entirelly writen in spanish... Well hope you can buy it couse it's really cool...
    regards..
    ampm2003
    \"Aclaró que un Aleph es uno de los puntos del espacio que contiene todos los puntos\"... (An Aleph is a point in space that contains every point)
    Jorge Luis Borges \"El Aleph\"...

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but the !0000 thing is a hoax. As some sites have stated, it may work for "some" e-mail mass mailing viruses, but not many. Go to google and type in the following: !0000 hoax
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)