Thread: Laptop Firewall

Question Laptop Firewall

Hello Everybody,
    I know there are threads on this subjuct, because I think I saw one last year. I just got a good used laptop. It only has 3GB. Not big, but for what I'm using it for, that is OK. I searched for the subjuct, but got very different threads. Maybe something to do with the move of AO. I need a free firewall for my laptop. I looked at ZoneAlarm, they are only for Desktops, or so they say. Would their desktop free firewall fit and work on my laptop? Or is there a better one? Like I said there are other threads, but I can't seem to find them. Thanks for any help.

Freddy
    cybnut

Desktop firewalls work for laptops, too. Outpost, Sygate, Tiny, even.

www.agnitum.com
    www.sygate.com
    www.tinysoftware.com
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Yes, you can use zone alarm on your laptop...I used to use it on mine. However, you might want to take a look at this link for Outpost

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Wink laptop firewall

You know, I agree. If you have a prob. with the new owners, then speak to them about it. I'm not in the computer game. I enjoy my two computers and windows and linux. It is more of a new hobbie for me. I will be learning it for a few years to come before I think I would be able to tell people what to do. I spend more time here on AO that any other site. I LIKE IT, THANK YOU. So, if you want to post a problem you have with others, PLEASE, post it some where else. Thank you. For those who gave me the good info about firewalls, thank you. And before anybody says anything, I'm not kissing anybodies *ss.

Freddy has His claws out.
    cybnut

I'll add it.. since it hasn't been mentioned... I like Deerfield.com's Visnetic PC Firewall.

It'll cost you a lil bit, $70.00 for a Single User Liscence... but IMHO it's a great Windows Firewall.

http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_firewall/

I personally like Outpost

you can find it at http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpostfree.html
    dAggressor

It\'s a long life, until you die

I installed zonelarm pro on my old PC but it really slows down
    It as 16 MB of memory only, Win98

Is outpost using less memory ?

Originally posted here by Christophe
    Is outpost using less memory ?
    Yes it uses less memory and sits in the background and does its job without any annoying pop up hack alerts on your pc.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.-Reaper Man

I noticed Outpost's file size was only 2.71MB, but I was wondering how much it used to operate?

Freddy
    cybnut

install windows 2000 advanced server its got a built in firewall really secure, and in a linux user, so thats sayin alot