Cisco Routers

Thread: Cisco Routers

Question Cisco Routers

I have a Cisco 1700 series router (1720 to be exact) and a catalyst 1900 series hub i got them both for about $200 i was thinking about selling ther router to buy a 2500 series router someone told me it was better. So which do you guys prefer. Also the 1720 i have now has a T1 WIC installed can i use it with my DSL line? i get a constant 1.3mb connection speed everyday. Thanx agin

Hmmm..
    You got those devices for a great price. I mean, the T1-WIC is more thatn $200.00 alone.
    Anyway, you can;t use the T-1 WIC on a DSL connection. If you don't have a T-1, I am not sure what you are going to use the devices for other than setting up a test LAN.

Banned
    I thinkk you got a great deal on those routers. I was wondering where you got them also?

So you want to sell a production router and get an end-of-lifed one? Why?

The 2500 is old and outdated. You'd be lucky to find one with IOS 11.1 on it. The 1720 is still doing it's production run (as far as I know) and will have a far more current feature set available to you. As has been said earlier, however, it still won't work with your DSL line. That's the 824 router. Looks like the 1720, slightly different hardware.

Hey thanx alot you guys. About the T1 WIC looks like i gotta shell ou the bux to CIsco for an adsl wic lol. Thanx Agin