Thread: NSA tapping telephone calls

Exclamation NSA tapping telephone calls

Article in The Observer:

The U.S.A. intercept in secret (private) telephone calls and e-mails from members of delegation of the VN-Security consul. The idea of this operation is to collect information over the voting behavior for the next resolution 1442 regarding Iraq. The Observer based this on a intern memo of the American National Security Agency (NSA). They collect all over the world the communication traffic. This action is mainly aimed at diplomats form Angola, Cameroon, Chili, Mexico, Guinea and Pakistan. These nations are momentarily member of the Security consul. The U.S.A. and Great Brittan are attempting to get support for resolution 1442 that paved the way to a armed conflict in Iraq. They need the support of nine out of fifteen consul members. France, Russia and Germany, backed with the support from China, are attempting to give the UN-inspectors at least four months more time.

This memo is, regarding the Observer, dated on 31 January 2003. President Bush and his National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice have asked for these actions. Regarding experts the memo is authentic and is signed by a man called Frank Koza who indeed works for the NSA.
    Remember...the most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=298

Could you put a link it to that article? I'd like to see it for myself if possible.

Take a trip to Radio Shack or some other electronics store that sells scanners (not the kind you scan pics with, the radio variety), preferrably a handheld model, then find your nearest privately run radio repair shop (I've found that places who fix scanners in towtrucks are very reliable) and see if they will do a "C-mod" on your scanner. Mind you, this will void your warranty immediately, but hey! It takes about 10 minutes and may cost you 20 or 30 bucks, but when completed you can listen in to most cell phone calls. It won't show you the cell phone number in question, merely the freq it is on at the moment, but it's quite interesting what one can hear during these conversations. Uniden is coming out with (or has already) a new digital scanner, so I'm not to sure whether these can also be "modified".

Radio Shack sells a freq counter, but I'm unaware if these would actually work on a cell phone. Anyone know?
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

thread_killer,
    Have a look at this link:
    Snooping

Thanks bucket.

Interesting stuff. I'm going to have to ponder this one for awhile.

Look at the complete memo!!

Sunday March 2, 2003

To: [Recipients withheld]
    From: FRANK KOZA@Chief of Staff (Regional Target) CIV/NSA
    on 31/01/2003 0:16
    Subject: Reflections of Iraq debate/votes at UN - RT actions and potential for related contributions
    Importance: High
    TOP SECRET/COMINT/XL

All,

As you've likely heard by now, the Agency is mounting a surge particularly directed at the UN Security Council (UNSC) members (minus US and GBR of course) for insights as to how to membership is reacting to the on-going debate RE: Iraq, plans to vote on any related resolutions, what related policies/ negotiating positions they may be considering, alliances/ dependencies, etc - the whole gamut of information that could give US policymakers an edge in obtaining results favourable to US goals or to head off surprises. In RT, that means a QRC surge effort to revive/ create efforts against UNSC members Angola, Cameroon, Chile, Bulgaria and Guinea, as well as extra focus on Pakistan UN matters.

We've also asked ALL RT topi's to emphasise and make sure they pay attention to existing non-UNSC member UN-related and domestic comms for anything useful related to the UNSC deliberations/ debates/ votes. We have a lot of special UN-related diplomatic coverage (various UN delegations) from countries not sitting on the UNSC right now that could contribute related perspectives/ insights/ whatever. We recognise that we can't afford to ignore this possible source.

We'd appreciate your support in getting the word to your analysts who might have similar, more in-direct access to valuable information from accesses in your product lines. I suspect that you'll be hearing more along these lines in formal channels - especially as this effort will probably peak (at least for this specific focus) in the middle of next week, following the SecState's presentation to the UNSC.

Thanks for your help

If your looking for the link just click [gloworange]here!![/gloworange]
    Remember...the most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=298

I got One word for u , ECHELON

http://www.echelonwatch.org/

If UN members don't want the US gov't spying on them,
    perhaps they should consider moving the UN to Brussels.
    I'd be happy to chip in a few dollars to help pay for the
    moving costs.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

the US is intercepting the messages so that they can trace them down and if thats someone they want to kill then they throw a missle over there. The US tecnolegy is so complicated they can do things that we would neva dream of doing. But also they pay a lot of money.