Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Earth watched by ECHELON ?

Unhappy Is Earth watched by ECHELON ?

Are we all watched by ECHELON ??

http://www.echelonwatch.org/

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Yes. Although I thought ECHELON was replaced with something bigger.

http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/6929/1.html
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    MsMittens,

Are you referring to the FBI's CARNIVORE system? ASk your ISP if they are participating in this program. The answer should amuse you

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/lab/carnivore/carnivore.htm
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/carnivore.htm
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Well, I wouldn't put it past my ISP but I don't see why they would participate since Carnivore and Echelon are NSA projects, specifically the realm of the US Gov't. Since I live in Canada, they'd have no reason to agree to participate unless the RCMP or CSIS are forcing them to.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I know of several large US based ISPs who are active participants but they are very low key about making that info known.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Well, I guess that means that -- at the very least -- when my packets leave Canada and head down to AO, the boys in NSA are reading them. Welp. Only one thing to do..

Hey, NSA! How goes it?? <-- big toothy grin.

Banned
    Nice of the NSA to actually care enough about us to actually spy for no reason at all while we're all sitting on our asses.

Maybe they're trying to promote social interaction? I doubt it :P But it's a good thought!

Does that have to do something with that chain letter email asking you to incluse about 100 words that were considered "keywords" to make it hard for the fbi to track you?

I thought it was a bunch of BS, after all there is over a billion email addresses... The computing power along would be very expensive to maintain especially if it is run on windows boxes...

Doesn't the Patriot act have the nsa save EVERYTHING for further reference or evidence or whatever. I thought i heard that awhile back to the point where you use your credit card at the gas pump they save that to file-anybody here this before???
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool