Help with Mandrake
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Mandrake

Help with Mandrake

Alright..I'v got mandrake on-to my network, and I'm using it to type this
    wOOt wOOt and general wOOtage, how ever...I need some help getting around...I'm on KDE, thinkin of changing to GNOME tonight just for the hell of it.

Wot I'm looking for is Monitor and docking ap's so I can watch wot's going on in my box...
    also IRC and MSN would be nice....I don't think M$ has given out a Linux MSN, no matter, I'll look around...

Generaly, whan I'm looking for is links to things that I should have or that are handy on an Linux machine...

Ok, tangs for the help, I'm of to De-Fuglyfy AO...this font is crap.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Banned
    Mandrake comes with Everybuddy. Everybuddy is AIM / ICQ / Yahoo / MSN Messenger compatible. If you can't get it to work, try Gaim which comes with an MSN plug-in.
    For IRC: Mandrake comes with x-chat.

Really? where? I'm lost.....lol
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Click on the KMenu then go to the run command and type in gaim
    Good Grief

Banned
    If you haven't x-chat installed, you can get it here. Just download and run the RPM.. Mandrake will take care of it.
    And here are some RPM's for instant messaging.

Noia you can use the top command from a shell to see all running procceses and here is a link to amsn for Linux its a Msn clone http://amsn.sourceforge.net/ congrats on the switch
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Well if you haven't decided on a windows manager yet, let me throw my $.02 in. I like enlightenment and fluxbox. Both are easy on the eyes, highly themeable, and very customizable. As far as monitoring utilities go, no linux box should be without gkrellm

Welcome to the fold.

Lol, cool, hmm....ok, downloaded aMSN, but I dono wot to do...er...Un-tard it, and got a bunch of files....I'm really new to this...like...TODAY new If u know wot I mean...GKrellM looks good...
    I need to partition more space for this thing...80% used...oh well, XP will just have to suffer :P

- Noia

Riiight...Ok, Guess I needed the RPM's instead...ok....still got a problem...
    It gives me this...guess it means I'm missing something.

<ome/noia/Desktop/amsn-0.71-1.noarch.rpm;echo RESULT=$?
    error: failed dependencies:RESULT=1
    tcl >= 8.3 is needed by amsn-0.71-1
    tk >= 8.3 is needed by amsn-0.71-1
    /usr/bin/wish is needed by amsn-0.71-1
    RESULT=1

riiight, Now I feel really stupid..
    I found an Install method that uses the TAR files....which I deleted.
    <Smack-head-gains-wall>
    Oh well...live and learn.

- Noia

Noia when you have untarred the file run the binary with an & i havent got amsn installed any more but i think it is called amsn so just run it ./amsn & and you should be greeted with a login screen
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

huh? what? ok, I try running it from terminal window (looks like DOS heehee) and It says it's missing or cand find or what not....
    Ok, found a file called aMSN.desktop I run it says it cant find the sMSN executable....something is very strange here...
    I got GAIM as a quick fix, but it's fugly...and difficu;t to use...any how...tanx for the help, I'm lost...lol...can't get aMSN to work...:P
    oh well

- Noia