Apache VS Other Servers

Thread: Apache VS Other Servers

Apache VS Other Servers

I wanted some opinons of members on AO. What are the pros and cons of Apache versus other web servers like Abyss? I have been using Abyss for a period of time now and thought it has been extremley efficient. I haven't tried Apache because I heard it was difficult to setup and I haven't the time to contribute. So whats so good about Apache that Abyss doesn't contain?
    I read somewhere you shouldn\'t always believe what you read so what the Hell am I supposed to do?

hmm.. apache.. its not that hard but its take time.. if u wan to use the default apache server, its not necessary u change the config file. but if u wan to boost ur apache like to support cgi like perl or somethin' or wan to support server page like php, u must load the module. that gonna needed u change the config file..
    Lord Xavier,
    Cyberdelia Technologies,
    (Wholly owned by Cyberdelia Group).

Apache supports lots of scripting languages, it's open source, updated frequently by people who really care about performance and security, not marketing, Apache comes with *nix operating systems, so you don't have to spend time installing. Lots of documentation is available, lots of built-in security features. That's just a few reasons to use apache, and no, I don't find it difficult to setup and use.

Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com