Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Team AntiOnline (FAH)

Banned
    I'm gonna make this thread sticky for a while if no one objects...

I wrote a few and short get-me-started-post(s) a while ago when we started the team. They are not the best but they will hopefully give some help.

Originally posted here by micael
    That's true we have a good team but we would not suffer if we got some more members interested in folding. Even if it seems like Louie are doing a excelent job and should be a rawmodel for us all .

There is no registration or hard process to join Folding@home and Team AntiOnline. Download one of the clients and install it. Second step is to choose a nick-name in the config, if you wanna be sure that your nick is not already occupied go here and do a search. The third step is to add the numbers 11416 as team number and you are set to go.

Originally posted here by micael
    Im sorry cF_nM I cant find anything related but I will remember that I heard something earlier but I cant tell what.. You may want to search the forums for an answer or try the solution below?

For those having problem can I advice to use the console client of Folding@home. For those having slow computers can I advice to run Genome@home (G@H) instead of Folding@home (F@H) this cause G@H dont have any timelimits and the results will still count and show up in the stats.

I found a good program (maybe not the best but it works for me) to measure the speed of the core and process of F@H and/or G@H. The program can be found at Electron Microscope. To install the "new" GUI follow these simple steps.

1. Download the F@H "No-nonsense text-only console ".
    2. Put the executable in the same folder as your graphics client ("\program files\folding@home\"?)
    2.1 If you experience problem uninstall the old client first and then run the "No-nonsense text-only console".
    3. Download the EMII (G@H) or EMIII (F@H) GUI. (if u use f@h client to run g@h works then use EMIII).
    4. Unpack the archive to a place you want to run it from.
    5. Run the application and make sure to config it properly (se the help page for details).

Make sure to dissable the old gui client's autostart, and add it to the new gui client instead (EMxxx).

Now when running the Electron Microscope you will be able to see more details then earlier and that may help you track down bugs or even show you if you should choose G@H instead of F@H.

Hope this help someone to fold even more

Some older "Historical links":

Team AO????
    Folding@Home!!!!!!!
    Folding@home reports success
    Google and Folding@home
    Yattamonster Jr (folding@home)

~micael

Negative, I don't mind as long as I don't have to touch it :P
    lol...alright I should be getting around to the Mobo test this tursday if everything works out...and then I'm gona wait till friday or sumthin then I'm gona put it in this box.
    It's a little shity, but who cares...
    http://www.computer-land.nl/index.ph...ng&prodid=3411
    Black plastic and Blue CCFL though.... that way it'll match my other box...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Well i just signed up. I am running an AMD 1700+ with 256 ram.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Hey Ii I remember later this week I have to burn in a new server. It sound like a little processing might be in orders.. it is going to be a Dell PowerEdge 6450 4x550w/2MB L2 Cache a 4GB of RAM.... Running W2K Ad Srv... It is going to be a number crucher so while it is burning in I'll let it crunch some numbers for yah.... Due to arrive anyday...
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

woohoo

Welcome to all those that are just joining the team. I'm glad to see all the interest and activity... even though I shall soon lose my #2 spot (but I can't complain because it's for a good cause). I don't know where the hell Souleman started coming from or what kind of box he's running, but he sure is racking up the work units! Considering how few ACTIVE processors there are in any given week, I don't think it would be that hard to double our efforts if a few more people get involved. Let's get in that top 100!!!!
    Mike Reilly
    bluebeard96@yahoo.com

I am running Seti @ home on a AMD Athlon XP 2200 and on my Athlon 1400 at home.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

folding--

"faster than a speeding bullet, stronger than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound..." doesn't help---still a newbie. Loaded folding @ home on 03/04/03. Antec 350 w box, athlon xp 2200, 80 g hd.,512 mb. mem. I'm all yours--hope this will help!!! Doc51
    Doc51

AntiOnline Senior Member
    We're moving up! 204th this morning!
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

I'm in!