Thread: Problem Viewing Webpages!

Problem Viewing Webpages!

Whenever I try to go to any websites like www.yahoo.com or www.hotmail.com it says that the sites cant be found. It does this for everysite execpt this site...and google. I get the "Page cannot be Displayed" error. Does anyone know why? I did not change any of the internet or firewall settings, and it was working fine eariler.
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]

You gave us too little info about the prob; but what most probably is happening is that your DNS is not working correctly... I once had that problem (well in fact i had confugured it wrongly) and could only see a few sites.. Try contaction your ISP and ask him about the DNS dirs... Then compare this dirs with (if you are using windows XP) start/settings/contro panel/network connections/local area connection status/properties/internet protocol (TCP/IP)/properties where you'll find the DNS settings of your machine...
    Well hpe this helps; i must sign to catch next post
    ampm2003
    \"Aclaró que un Aleph es uno de los puntos del espacio que contiene todos los puntos\"... (An Aleph is a point in space that contains every point)
    Jorge Luis Borges \"El Aleph\"...

try pinging yahoo and see if you get a response. take note of the time if you get a response.

try going to the site using the ip address instead of the URL:

Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ok...thanks I checked and my DNS was messed up somehow....thanks
    [gloworange]And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict\'s veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. \"This is it... this is where I belong...\" I know everyone here... even if I\'ve never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...[/gloworange]