Thread: possible virus or windows problem

possible virus or windows problem

so I reinstalled one of my comps and none of the shortcuts are working.... I only installed goback and Norton Antivirus and now I cant access any shortcuts or launch certain programs... anyone know of a fix?

so I reinstalled one of my comps and none of the shortcuts are working.... I only installed goback and Norton Antivirus and now I cant access any shortcuts or launch certain programs... anyone know of a fix?
    When you say reinstalled do you mean you installed Windows over itself or formatted and reloaded? Loading Windows over itself will often create a need to reload most of your applications. Just curious, if you have Goback why did you not just restore to a working Safepoint?

If you can give some more detailed descriptions of what you did and what is now occurring I may be able to shed some light on the subject...

basically i just reinstalled it over the existing windows xp installation. i didnt use goback the first time, just norton because there were no problems originally

I think you will probably have to reinstall the non working apps. Before doing so I would attempt to invioke goback during boot and see if you can revert to the old working config though.

the best thing to do in this situation, if you have installed one copy of XP over another install of it is to format and start from scratch, you will eventually run into problems with conflicts and god knows what else, i made the mistake of doing this with xp pro and it messed up my whole system, once you get to the stage of having to reinstall multiple programs like it sounds to be the case here, its quicker to just start from scratch IMHO