a key for your computer...

Thread: a key for your computer...

a key for your computer...

find it here http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/5cd6/
    Kind of like a key for your computer...

SecuriKey is a small USB token that, when plugged into your computer's USB port, acts like a key that allows you to access your computer. As with a car key - no key means no access. If someone steals your laptop and can guess your password, they will not be able to get to your files without your SecuriKey token.

The SecuriKey System brings "two-factor authentication" to your computer. This is the same level of security that makes your ATM card secure. The two factors are: "something you know" and "something you have". In the case of your ATM card, the "something you have" is the plastic card and the "something you know" is your PIN. And now for your computer system, the "something you know" is your password and the "something you have" is your SecuriKey USB token.

Once SecuriKey has been installed, any person wishing to use the computer must possess and use a SecuriKey Token to gain access. Any person attempting to logon to your computer not having a SecuriKey Token will be denied access. SecuriKey Tokens are used to protect users of your computer. Each user is assigned a SecuriKey Token for personal use. Each user's token is different from every other users' token, and the tokens are not interchangeable. This ensures that only you will have access to your computer account, and that others will have access to theirs.

Some advantages of the SecuriKey system are:

* Controls access
    * Protects data
    * Provides two-factor authentication for login
    * Designed for home user or the laptop
    * No waiting for system reboot
    * Includes 2 keys (one for backup or another user)
    * 3-year manufacturer warranty

Please Note: This Item Will Not Be Shipping Until Tuesday, Feb. 4th
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    In Stock
    I think I'll just add some random characters to my password...
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

I already have a key for my machine....hehe, I love Chieftec Dragon series

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

ok this post is about security not a game...

I have checked this key out for some time tampa just ran into two problems... i would prolly lose the key and its a 130 bucks.

Noia what is the thing you were talking about?
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click