Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What OS ??

But I think that the his system isnt bootable...

Anyway Thanks Cross !

Neo
    neowarez

Use what you know. The most secure operating system in the world won't do you any good if you don't know how to use it. So use something less secure by default that you know how to secure, then learn the most secure that you will eventually go to.

If you install a system and put it online it is a hack waiting to happen if you don't know how to lock all the doors.
    dAggressor

It\'s a long life, until you die

Originally posted here by dAggressor
    Use what you know. The most secure operating system in the world won't do you any good if you don't know how to use it. So use something less secure by default that you know how to secure, then learn the most secure that you will eventually go to.

If you install a system and put it online it is a hack waiting to happen if you don't know how to lock all the doors.
    humm I think that is no problem about that....but we are never secure..

Neo
    neowarez

Does anyone know of a "linux security for dummies" type site that will give you a checklist or something to help you secure a *nix OS?

I think the best thing is to search on google...

You may found it there...
    neowarez

hummm I have here little problem now with installing FreeBSD.. well I read the installation guide and they say that when the cdrom boot it appear at my screen the sysinstall menu but my PC crash ....

What happen??

Where is the kernel configuration menu ???
    neowarez

thanks man, great site

At least you can get something to appear on your screen while installing BSD, i can't even do that! The installer just won't start for me. I will work on it more this weekend.

~SonicDragon
    http://sonicdragon.fateback.com
    Bringing a Little Fun to Tech!

The kernel config menu will pop up after it loads the kernel. . .pop in the cd, word's'll pop up, somthing like kernel loader by someone Murray, and then a bunch of lines will scroll past showing what devices have been detected. After that you'll have a menu w/ three options, choose the graphical kernel config option (it's still text) and follow the instructions. Wouldn't hurt if you've done an inventory of everything in your comp..
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.