Thread: help on RAM

help on RAM

can i combined low Density DDR RAM and High Density?

what do you mean with low and hig density RAM .. is it like PC-2100 and PC-2700 ? if it is what u mean . i never try it but i think it will not works well .. just open BIOS and look at the RAM setting.. if the comp make asound at the first time you boot up your comp. it wil mean the RAM is not works .. but if it is not make any sound or it can loaded your HDD i think it works. just try it mate .i could be wrong becoz i never tried it. that's what i think.

regard
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

no this is what i mean it all PC-2100 .(32x8) low density Industry Standard ( 64x40 high density

No...Im pretty sure it wont work. You can try though...lol..

Antionline Herpetologist
    Don't mess with RAM! You might burn it. Unless someone else with the same processor/mobo combo has tried it and it's worked, I wouldn't take the risk. I don't know about where you are but over here, burnt goods are not covered under warranty.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

As far as i know all RAM has to be the same...that goes for speed size refresh rate and obviously type so i dont know why the density would be a special case...i wouldnt try it.

well my linux server has different density, as well as different speeds running on it and it's usually online for months at a time...

can't say that it's SUPPOSED to work, but it happens to work on my system.. Usually new motherboards are pretty resilient when it comes to this stuff.. A system i have at work just fails to boot when i put the wrong memory configuration in it..

your mileage may vary, and I can't say it won't hurt anything, but you don't learn anything unless you try (and can afford to replace what you're playing with)..