Thread: Spider'd AntiOnline

Post Spider'd AntiOnline

Hey, I might catch some flack for this one...

> I’ve been working on a www spider that uses search patterns (example: [a-z0-9]+@[a-z0-9]+[.][.a-z0-9]+) - of course every good program needs testing... I decided to scan AntiOnline.com for email addresses (wondering if some of the members were vuln to spammers) indeed they might be... I found ~= 2006 email addresses, I say approximate for my program picked up a few non-email patterns (the pattern I used was something like *@*.*)

> I was thinking of posting all the email addresses- but I’m not sure if that's a good idea... anyway, just wanted everyone to know... might think twice before posting your email in a form?

> Again- I hope I don't get any crap - I was just curious

> Take it easy!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tampa: Just a thought....... If you post all the addy's aren't you just going to make it easier for a spammer less talented than yourself to harvest them all..... I mean, you're doing their work for them...... Drop it.... there's a good chap......<s>
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Re: Spider'd AntiOnline

Originally posted here by tampabay420
    I was thinking of posting all the email addresses- but I’m not sure if that's a good idea...
    I know, that's why i didn't post them... I just wanted everyone to know, my bad

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Tampa..... NP..... I hate spammers and don't like seeing anything happen that assists the scumbags..... Them and the telemarketers......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tell the telies you work for the company and its illegal to sell you stuff and you want ther name and info number, id.. they will go crazy.

Anyway, what kinda programming language did you use tamba?

i used Microsoft Visual Basic for win2k...
    i'm currently working on a Perl Script version of the code- although there are somany already available... the app that i wrote makes things a bit-easier for end-users... pretty gui, etc... anyway- if you'd like i'll post the code... it's an Open Source project (on planetsourcecode.com) - i simply mod' the code... anyway

take it easy!

It's a gas!
    I wouldnt mind having a look at the code tampabay.
    Any chance of you posting it or pm'ing it to me?

Cheers