Thread: Google Aids Hackers

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Unhappy Google Aids Hackers

They said something bad about Google

"Google, properly leveraged, has more intrusion potential than any hacking tool," said hacker Adrian Lamo, who recently sounded the alarm.
    Why bother pounding at a website in search of obscure holes when you can simply waltz in through the front door? Hackers have recently done just that, turning to Google to help simplify the task of honing in on their targets. ... The hacks are made possible by Web-enabled databases. Because database-management tools use canned templates to present data on the Web, typing specific phrases into Internet search tools often leads a user directly to those templated pages. For example, typing the phrase "Select a database to view" -- a common phrase in the FileMaker Pro database interface -- into Google recently yielded about 200 links, almost all of which lead to FileMaker databases accessible online.

http://www.wired.com/news/infostruct...,57897,00.html
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Rather than blaming Google for the problem they should probably be pointing a bloody big finger at the incompetent sysadmin's who place their stuff up there for all to see..... There's the problem!! But no.... as usual we blame the tool rather than point the finger of blame where it really belongs.... The responsible person(s)....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger Shark is right, Google doesen't do something it's not supposed to...

That's the beauty and the curse of having this litany of information at our finger tips. Anyone can get it, but sadly it all comes down to personal values.
    --
    I found Jesus... It turns out he was under the couch the whole time.

-D

I love the thinking-We posted personal info for all to see so its somebody elses fault.
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    as usual we blame the tool rather than point the finger of blame where it really belongs.... The responsible person(s)....
    I agree. It's not Google's fault.
    It's just another classic case of killing the messenger...

Google
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

It's just a matter of time before everyone who's not responsible get's blamed...

This headline will come in the near future

"Google, AntiOnline, Packetstorm Security, SourceForge and FreshMeat responsible for hack on unsecured server."

It'll never change. If you show someone a hole in something.. they won't patch it.. they'll say you put it there and leave it open for the next person to use. Welcome to the real world...

Well, it seems the all-knowing google Budha is helping us, I mean hackers crack into systems.... I always new that place was evil. It's just like McDonalds and Heroes Aren't Hard to Find. They lure you in there with their 'BigMacs' or their 'Action Comics' and then they brain wash you. Armageddon is upon us! Actually, I think it's kinda cool hackers are blowing the plug on this. If the info got into the wrong hands, oh say some pre-pubescent punk who has a brother who hacks (for example) then an untrained hacker could accidently cause mass damage. And, speaking as a cracker, not a hacker: To hack with a program, is to play a game with cheats. You can say you beat it, but you always feal that it was the program, not you. And hacking is all about beating the system, not using a super-powered seach enging to conquer France.
    \"It\'s spaceball one, she\'s gone from suck to blow\" -barf from spaceballs

This is just swell. Pining the blame on a tool is much easier than to accept the responsability of making a mistake and fixing it. It's what to be expected from these burucrat a#@ $oles, how got there job because they knew somebody or because they can kiss up to the boss. Maybe they should be reminded that when a computer or program or tool does some thing bad it's ussually the part behind the keyboards fault.

We should have their jobs!!!!