Thread: Are you being watched?

Are you being watched?

Forgive me if I am wrong, but would the FBI, NSA, or whoever, wouldn't it be easier to monitor hackers, if they kept tabs on all the "war servers"

I beleive it would be extremely logical for the government of the U.s. to keep tabs on its hacker watch list simply by setting up a playground for the hackers.

Anyone have any more info on this?

hhmm .. i don't have any information about that mate.
    but i think beeing an ordinary person is better.. as long as you never do hack or crack something on web and do nothing bad on the web, you will save.
    i said i dunno becoz i don't wanna make any argue about that thing.. hack and crack are bad .
    it would be better to protector than hacker or cracker.

regard
    When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

i think more info/data is collecte from honeypots- for right now this seems to be working pretty well- as soon as some l33t hax0r tries some new (0day) exploit - every admin is notified and a patch is out t he next weak... as far as keeping track of people/haxors... that's a big job- there are a lot of them- but only a few are watched... you can't go aroun tracking every lil' skript kiddie in some game server? anyway- just my thoughts...
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

King of CaveMen i have heard that they do this. They set up a computer call it a wargame and watch the logs. They also search for patterns on the wargames and try to match these patterns to real computer crimes to try and find a suspect for it.

Are they monitoring hackers for the impending mass cyber warfare attacks??? they may be monitoring for a long time. Might be better off protecting their infrastructure then trying to gain the odd PR blitz by captuing a "super hacker " (a.k.a script kiddie who knows how to ping something)
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes