Barcodes || | ||| || ||||

Thread: Barcodes || | ||| || ||||

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Barcodes || | ||| || ||||

Police said the conmen donned suits to minimize suspicion as they replaced shop barcodes with barcode stickers of their own to fool supermarket checkout machines.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...france_wine_dc
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

this is easily done, as the numbers on the barcodes are not encrypted in anyway...
    you can download binaries/source code for programs that will print out (or to file) barcodes, simply print them out on sticky paper, and your a criminal... there are many articles on this kind of stuff... although most of them have to do with Libraries
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

I just thought it was funny that they were able to walk away with 900 bottles before they were caught.

That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

It is actually rather humerous that they were able to get that many bottles.. I mean if someone came threw a store and bought bottles of wine a lot cheaper than they should be.. I'd start questioning things right there... "hrmmm that $100 bottle of wine is now $5.. oh well.. must be havinga sale and they forgot to tell me"... Like tampabay said.. it's really easy to do... hell we even have a barcode scanner here in our apt.

Banned
    I think it would be much funnier to replace the bar codes with super high prices and contrary names ,can you imagine buying beef at safeway and having it come up as "dead cow " 300$/lb or "genetically modified crap " $66.6 a culture jammerstool for sure!!!