Thread: Message board problems

Message board problems

hey guys,
    A friend of mine just set up a great message borad at http://linuxperiment.proboards14.com/ Now, before i get banned for spamming let me get to the problem.

When you register you only provide a username.....the temp password gets sent to you in your mail....except it's NOT sending temp passwords out!!! It's getting to be a huge pain resetting new users passwords. The board appears to be based on CGI. Can we get in and fix the problem?

wouldnt that be illegal. E-mail the webmaster and tell him/her the promblem maybe the webmaster can fix it.

nah, it'd be more fun to get an entire internet community introuble by encouraging them all to break into a completely unrelated sites msg boards and rewrite it's registration code. Ya know cuz it's the internet and they can't tell who we are so we'd never get in trouble, and the admin would probably thank us...

yall realize it's sarcasm right?

Guys, what I mean is can the board admin fix this or does the site webmaster have to fix it?

Guys, what I mean is can the board admin fix this or does the site webmaster have to fix it?
    Sorry to point out the obvious, but why not just email the proboards webmaster with your problem and see what his response is. Because if it's not your friend's responsibility to fix this, then the webmaster will fix it when he gets your email. If it is your friend's responsibility, then the webmaster will let you know.