Businesses and open-source

Thread: Businesses and open-source

Question Businesses and open-source

Ok. Iíve been reading a lot about the competition between Microsoft and Linux and how Linux being open-source and basically free, is really posing a threat to their income. What I have been trying to figure out is how a company can produce software and it not be threatened by open-source software, and also how a company can produce open-source software and still get some kind of an income to keep the business running. I was wondering what you all think about this. Thanks ahead of time for your opinions.
    The only four things i need are food, water, a computer, and the internet.

support, it's all about the support and implementaion of the products you distribute...
    RedHat doesn't make all their money from the $40 versions at Borders (a book store)... l0l

-take it easy!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Thanks tampabay. Any more ideas from all you other people out there?
    The only four things i need are food, water, a computer, and the internet.

I think Linux did good implementation than microsoft did .. i dunno much about trading , bussiness and all of thiese thing. The competition will continue for long long time ( i think ) and each of them will try to complete their minus and will give more advantage to the user. we will see who will win , and who will be the last standing company.
    I use Miscrosoft rather than Linux, it's not becoz of i don't like it. but becoz in here ppl use microsoft ( most of them ) than Linux And Linux has sold the product with quiet cheap but the ppl still looking for microsoft . i dunno why , i just try to adapt with what they use.
    i hope it is not wrong.

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389