Profile Picture Will Not Display
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profile Picture Will Not Display

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

Profile Picture Will Not Display

Does anyone else have this issue?

ISSUE:
    ========
    After the site migration, the picture in my user profile has dissapeared.

ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE:
    ======================
    1) Tried to upload the same picture again. The site reports that a picture has been uploaded yet none is displayed.

2) Tried to right click on the missing image icon and selected "show picture". No change.

3) Changed the name of the image and tried to upload again. No change.

4) Tried to upload with Mozilla 1.2.1. No change.

Does anyone have a contact info for the new webmaster? I'd like to resolve this little annoyance.

Thanks!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    LordB is the new administrator and he does read the Bugs forum daily. Have patience and he will reply.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i doubt that anything will be done in any kind of speedy manner... very few (none that i know of) bugs are ever dealt with- although it would be nice if this new company would actually fix the known bugs... that'd be nice LordB huh? maybe he will make us all happy

good luck on the bugs (lordB) we're counting on ya!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

This is an addition to my original post above...

In the Profile area, I now see this error at the bottom of the window where photos are uploaded:

Current Photo: Error: file 127654_photo.jpg not found.

Hope this sheds some light on the issue for the webmaster.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hmm... my pic is still in my profile.

Have you tried to upload a different pic? If so, did that work? I'm pretty sure that it will only keep one file in there for you, so my thinking is:

Upload a different pic. Then check to see if that worked. If so, then put back your old pic. That will overwrite the one you just uploaded and it should be all good.

Just an idea...

Yeah Phish, I've tried all that already. My guess is the issue is on the server side. Unfortunately, I can't get to that

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Server guy
    this is all fixed. It was another path issue movieng from w2k->*nix. and also with the database on a differnt host.

LordB

LordB,

Thanks for your efforts.

I went back to upload my picture. Here are my new results:

Specify my path using BROWSE.
    Click UPLOAD PICTURE
    The web page reloads immediately, wiping the path and no picture upload is attempted.

It appears that the upload php script doesn't run as this is an immediate response.

I hope these clues are meaningful to your troubleshooting.

Thanks again for your help.

Server guy
    look at the bottem of the page and see if its not giveing you some error. I was able to upload a pic w/o problems.

LordB

OK, I browsed to my JPG file then clicked upload. Here is what I saw after the upload.php page finished loading:

Current Photo: File has yet to be uploaded
    Current Photo Description: There was no file uploaded, so there is no description

NOTE:
    I've also tried the steps noted above on three different machines (all on different networks). All three machines yield the same result which leads me to conclude that it is account specific. Any way of checking into this?

Thanks!