Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What HTML builder is best????

Banned

What HTML builder is best????

I was wondering what would be the best software to use to build a website, im pretty good at the HTML myself but sometimes you just want a program to build tables and stuff for you, i have Dreamweaver 2, is Dreamweaver MX any better and what about Go-live??????

p.s. anyone like that band CKY?

In the m$ environment I favor notepad. I like to do it all myself.

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    I've been using HTML-Kit. I won't even pretend to be a good web designer (my page is only like 2% complete) .

Anyway, HTML-kit is free and has tons of cool features.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I use Homesite 5, which has some useful automated features incl table building wizards. I find it provides a good compromise between hands on coding and being able to see what you're building, without the learning curve of Dreamweaver MX. But it's not free!

http://www.macromedia.com/software/homesite/
    Flod!

I have had great luck with BlueFish on the *NIX platform. It's very useful. I have also used Dreamweaver MX, but it tends to add junk code, which you need to clean up later, especially on server-side code (and it's boasted as a good server side editor, but I am not impressed).

Hope this helps

I stick with Textpad 4... it's basically an advanced version of Notepad... it does code highlighting so everything stands out nice and structured.. works for a few different languages.... very very nice. program...

Yep I can agree with Textpad 4, but if you want something a little more automated try the above suggestions.

Originally posted here by dspeidel
    In the m$ environment I favor notepad. I like to do it all myself.

Cheers,
    -D
    Yep. When I started writing html I really wanted a program for help, but I forced myself to use notepad. It really is the best. You just have so much more control.
    im not living, im just killing time.
    Go to KidAdmin.com

I like mx, it wirtes good HTML but crap java script. I have never used Dreamweaver 2 but I have used 5 and MX is much better than five.

SittingDuck
    I\'m a SittingDuck, but the question is \"Is your web app a Sitting Duck?\"

i think you should just use notepad cause i think its the best to do everything yourself and when you finished you can say you made all the way from scratch instead of using a prog....just my opinion
    http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=812668

i brake for flipper babies