Thread: Thumb Drive: Opinions?

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Thumbs up Thumb Drive: Opinions?

Greetz-

I will soon be in the market for a thumb drive. Here is the one I'm looking at:

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...2843&scat=2844

Any comments/thoughts/suggestions are most appreciated...

Thanks!
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Insider Info: Wait, the prices are gona drop to under half the price in a few months.....Gig-sticks are already on the market....these things are gona get so cheap that our teacher is gona buy out class one each....and theres like 14 of us......oh well....I'm just saying you should wait coz it is gona drop...and you can get one much better....

I am aware that all HardWare drops in price, but this is gona be a big drop, and a fast one too...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Thanks for the info!
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

I got a generic one from www.novatech.co.uk and have found it v.useful for swapping large files between work & home. Mine probably cost the dollar equivalent of the one you linked to. Used with Win 2k & XP Pro, no software necessary. Thing is, do you want one now or in a few months? I've had mine about 3 months and the price in the UK hasn't fallen yet........
    Flod!

In all honesty with the amount of times I have lost my keys I would be afraid of using one of those. One slip up and your data is public knowledge. People lose laptops, how hard can it be to lose something that size? On another note, I am not sure if a biometric security could be placed on one of these, say a finger print (not a scan, but a type of mold of some type), or a physical password and logical password. Then, I would feel more secure about using these things. On the other hand I use a remote administrator so whereever I am, I can always access my computer.