What bothers me...

Thread: What bothers me...

Unhappy What bothers me...

Just doing a search through AO today helping a friend look up some information on Kazaa, and I noticed this:

Ten Most Recent Searches Made By Our Users
    Today at 02:29 PM hack credit card 34
    Today at 02:26 PM hack credit cards 27

http://www.antionline.com/search.php...der=descending

http://www.antionline.com/search.php...der=descending

Even more than that is the search results that come up for that, and what all is talked about. I don't know, I mean I know we have the problems with people who think this is a "hacking" site, but come on! I think someone needs to sit down and maybe think a little bit about seach combo's or something, and better yet to go through and check some of the stuff listed under these types of forums. I mean, I'm starting to understand why people make posts whenever I can search and read stuff like:

"HAcking CRedit Cards posted 07-01-2001 07:52 PM
    (post # not available for hidden posts)

hey there i have a bad situation here i buy an item on a united kingdom website using a
    hack credit card and the delivery address is my real home address i like to ask if can i
    be caught? when the owner of the credit card report it to the police does the website that
    i have buy will tell the company of the credit card where does the delivery address they
    deliver the item? and if the person who own the credit card will see the delivery address
    in his/her credit card billing statement?

thank you in advance"

Maybe I'm not understanding something here?
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

LoL, Well I guess he deserves to be caught for being so stupid. After being caught his excuse would be "Some hacker must of stole a credit card and bought this $10,000. computer system and sent it to my house". Oh, and these new shoes, he must of hacked my system to find my shoe size.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, first thought is that your search showed the posts showing up in alt.hacking, etc. Newsgroups in alt (AFAIK) are not moderated and certainly are not controlled by AO.

Second, APs only came out about a year or so ago so there are lots of old posts that represent what used to be. A lot of the hacking posts have gone by the wayside with the introduction of APs and posts (quality of them) have improved.

Lastly, there will always be those looking for the easy way to do something or trying to find the things they shouldn't. SecurityFocus -- I'm quite sure -- is checked regularly for "exploits" and such. I believe that is why they have removed some of the more damaging ones.

It is up to members as to whether they will provide the information that this particular person is looking for. Or not provide it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yea I understand the fact about the newsgroups, but still, why would we have any ties to them at a security site was my main point.

I am happy to see the AP system working, and how well it works. As we've all been through the threads, the AP system needs fine tuning but still helps to control unwanted material.

As for a person responding to that type of information, well yes it is up to that specific user. But I'm just saying if a "wannabe hacker" comes onto this site and searches for "hack credit card" and comes upto a newsgroup forum like alt.hack, well what do you think they will start thinking about AO? Now I'm starting to undestand why there are all these "hackers" out there making all these stupid posts on AO, because they think it has some relations to hacking.

Can't there be something done to disconnect "those" types of newsgroups from AO, or the search engine at AO?
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

There could but look at the tagline of AO: Hackers know the Weaknesses in Your System. Shouldn't You?. To me that implies I need to understand how hackers do things and why they do them. And for that, it means understanding their world. It will be up to JupiterMedia if they want to keep the newsfeed but if you want to create better defenses, it helps to know what drives the enemy.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

True, very true, but I guess I just see all that newsgroup stuff as kiddies trying to pretend they are big kids. I mean if someone has to ask if they use a "hacked" credit card and mail stuff charged on it to their home adress if they can get caught.... I donno.
    [/shadow]

Hehe.. I never said they were brilliant..