Thread: sub7 virus help(not asking how to use it)

sub7 virus help(not asking how to use it)

ok, at my friends house like every 2 hours or so using backdoor/sub7. We downloaded a trojan cleaner(i dont remember the name, 30 day trial) and we got rid of a total of 19 or so trojans and it said no more existed. but still we get attacked every so often although he has norton internet security and it always stops them. If you could tell us how to get rid of the trojans or a software to do it that would be awesome! thanks : )
    http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=812668

i brake for flipper babies

First off, what version of Sub7 were you infected with, 2.1 or 2.2, both are very different in infeciton method and startup method. If you can find out where it's starting from, and stop it there, it will just be dormant on your machine, and you can just delete it after rebooting. Also, make sure your Norton Internet Security is set to Paranoid, and do a program scan as well. Hope this helps a little.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

i dunno what version of sub7 it is, it doesnt say when we get attacked
    http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=812668

i brake for flipper babies

but still we get attacked every so often although he has norton internet security and it always stops them.
    If it always stops them what are you worried about? The connection attempts?

If thats the case theres no way to stop them other than to notify the ISP (abuse@ISP) after verefying the IP through whois (www.samspade.org). Even then some of the time that wont do much. My advice would be to tell your friend to keep his AV software updated, scan weekly, or bi-weekly even, and make sure to be security conscious when downloading and running software.

Another interesting tidbit that I'll include because you've mentioned he is scanned/connected to quite often. I've noticed that if I set my computer as the default DMZ server and run Kazza I get scanned about 2 times an hour for various backdoors. This wouldent matter normally because my router usually drops the attempts before they reach the internal LAN (192.168.*.*). Moral of the tidbit, P2P programs invite trouble, so be sure to be security conscious when using them.

Hope this helps,
    Jonesy

go to tlsecurity.com and down load the sub7 remover for 2.2 i belive it removes the lower versions also cuz i dont use sub7 ne mor cuz its a panzy trojan and it gets detected easily

I've a brute force solution to propose to 100% sure u r safe:

- Save ur important datafiles only text or img files on CD
    - Erase your hardrive
    - Re-install ur OS with partitions
    - Add a good anti-virii with weekly updates
    - Add a good/free firewall & learn how to configure it

ok, ok it's a brutal solution (Terminator!) but the only one for paranoïd!
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]