Thread: email spying

email spying

hi all.
    there r too much articles i have read latley about the gov may/can read our emails.
    how easy can it be?
    how they actually do it?
    one article even mentioned that every average hacker can do this , is it that simple?
    i am not talking about encrypted mails .... just the idea of information that being sniffed.

Old Fart
    Do a Google search on "Carnivore"(it's part of what the feds use for monitoring)....it will tell you more than you want to know.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

10x.
    U CANT TOUCH WHAT U CANT SEE

well guys, lets say bye bye to all security you feel online, the government has officially screwed you out of every shred of sacurity you have ever felt online... all i have to say on the matter, is Carnivore has got one hell of a creater... and the government tends to use it to find out everything possable about you and what you want to do, its kind of like tapping the worlds phone lines, there is nothing you can say online that will not be taken seriously, and there is nothing you can say that will remain private. life as we know it is gone, the net will never be the same...
    Peace Out!
    ~peace in life is nothing but a break in the action...
    ~hate in despair is always there, sometimes you just hide it from yourself!
    ~ I HATE THIS WORLD I HATE IT SO, BUT I HATE YOU MORE! SO YOU GOTTA GO!
    ~people say i am disturbed... whats their point!

Yes metallicpyro911 that is true, but here's the thing. I doubt that the feds are using Carnivore to tap into your home computer and watch everything you do. They have this software to watch people who they feel are "a problem". Are you considered to be one of those people, are you buying bombs or stuff to make bombs, or learning how to hack into the FBI main frame? Then I wouldn't worry, just keep a decent firewall setup to keep people out that you don't want and don't give the goverment a reason to start watching you and your online activities.

Personally I don't trust the goverment all the way, but I've come to see that why sit and bother yourself if there is no need. Live and be happy, and so who cares that the feds have something like Carnivore? If they didn't, maybe they wouldn't be able to predict anything that was upcoming and wouldn't be able to plan accordingly?

Ever thought about the flip side? Instead of sitting and being so paraniod that everyone in the world cares about every little thing YOU do online, maybe you should sit and think about why they have that software and what types of people they use it on? What might happen if they did not have it, and could not track mob bosses, etc.

You don't know about a lot of what happens out of the news, all the good things the goverment does to protect us with all that technology that everything thinks is used to sit and watch everyone in the entire world.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]