Thread: programming/assembly question

programming/assembly question

I want to write a program in 8086 assembly preferably (or possibly C) that shows the address, owner and hooked interrupt vector of all TSR's in memory.

Anybody know where to start looking for this information, i.e. which interrupts to use. I've been reliably informed that an undocumented interrupt is needed but I haven't a clue which one even after looking at info on all of them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated cause I'm stumped (i.e. clueless).
    Thanks in advance,
    Val
    live life, don\'t just endure it

Give me a minute, I'm at school now and don't have that info with me.

But look at int 2fh -thats the undocmented one that should do the job.
    invoke the win32 api in asm if in windows environment to do the rest asm. do a Go0gle search for win32.hlp if U don't have it.
    if using the win32 api U don't need int it's only for 16-bit for 32-bit use api
    Once I leave school I can give more detail

Int 2Fh Function 160Bh would look promising if it wasn't for the fact that I want to run the program under dos, (a fact that I realise that I negleted to mention), I'd like to have it work under all versions of DOS but if it works under version 4.0 upwards it would probably do me.

Any help appreciated,
    Val
    live life, don\'t just endure it

Try to get your hands on the book "Undocumented DOS" by Andrew Schulman, Ralf Brown, JIm Kyle and co. I seem to remember a program that did much the same as what you want to do in it. However I don't remember the specifics of the program cause it has been two or three years since I read the book.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.