Back up your system to Tape,CD,etc

Thread: Back up your system to Tape,CD,etc

Back up your system to Tape,CD,etc

I just found tool to back up my system and I think this is very cool:
    Mondo is reliable. It backs up your GNU/Linux server or workstation to tape, CD-R, CD-RW or NFS partition. In the event of catastrophic data loss, you will be able to restore all of your data [or as much as you want], from bare metal if necessary. Mondo is in use by Nortel Networks, Siemens, HP (US and France), IBM, NASA's JPL, dozens of smaller companies, and tens of thousands of users.

Mondo is comprehensive. Mondo supports LVM, RAID, ext2, ext3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS, VFAT, and can support additional filesystems easily: just e-mail the mailing list with your request. It supports adjustments in disk geometry, including migration from non-RAID to RAID. Mondo runs on all major Linux distributions and is getting better all the time. You may even backup non-Linux partitions.

Mondo is free. It has been published under the GPL (GNU Public License), partly to expose it to thousands of potential beta-testers but mostly as a contribution to the Linux community. I fund its development by charging for technical support.
    Check out this link

I hope you can use it to back up your system.

Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

I know of a couple shops that use this for backups and disaster recovery.

You can do a selective backup or you can create an image. If your machine crashes... you don't have to install the OS, then install updates, then config, more updates, restore data, etc.

You can just restore to the last backup and the system will be in the same state without reloading the OS. It backs everything up! Even the boot records/sectors.

Depending on how much data you have on the system... CDs are a pretty good way to go.

You can even use this as a ghosting utility... just change the network properties after you have used it for your install.

I would also imagine this would be good for forensics... but not too sure about that.