Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: who hates the new fascist mangament?

ok, im not down with slandering people, or wutever supposidly went down with ur german history post. Although it was probablly funny. However, the new fascist regime that has taken over this forum is ridiculous. This web page has changed alot since its og appearance back in the day when it was about hacking and cracking, although i use those terms loosely since tose are terms the media has created. However this forum seems like its being run by a bunch of script kiddies, and uptight a$$'s now.

i make a refrence to this thread : http://www.antionline.com/showthread...41#post600741, it shows my opinions greatly

OK, I apologize. I should not have deleted that thread. I am also a moderator on another forum and there it would have been appropriate for me to delete it but here because of the AntiPoints system and the fact that it was a joke and only slightly offensive to begin with I should have left it alone. Each time I visit this site I learn more and that was certainly one valuable lesson. Thanks to all of you that responded (even those that told me to go f**k myself ).
    - Runner -

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
    and that was certainly one valuable lesson.
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

not to mention a royal pain in the butt

your a good man StreetRunner
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

your a good man StreetRunner
    I'll second that. I haven't had much to say about the new management, largely because I wanted to see how things were going to shake out before making any kind of judgement. I will go on record now as saying that I see a lot of things that really concern me, and I think some of the decisions that are being made are colossal mistakes. But in my book, that is mitigated by the fact that all of the new admins seem to be good people trying their best.

I will offer a word of advice to StreetRunner and the other new admins: About a year and a half ago, I was involved in the sale of a bankrupt hotel on the legal end of things, and I ended up being asked to serve as the acting General Manager until a permanent one could be found (lasted 6 months). Upon our arrival, we implemented drastic cost-cutting measures across the board and made changes to the day-to-day operation that we felt needed to be made immediately to help make the hotel profitable. Unfortunately, the result was complete chaos and a staff that was so unhappy and confused half of them walked out. Moreover, a lot of the regular guests stopped staying because they were used to the old way of doing things. We cut out things like free breakfast and free drink cards to get it in the black, but it ended up costing us our regular guests.

The moral of the story is lie low until you get a grip on what you're dealing with. People don't like drastic change. Do you know the one about boiling the frog? If you throw it in boiling water, it will jump out. But if you put it in cool water and turn the heat up slowly, it will boil to death. Don't come in and try to change things overnight. You certainly will have to find new ways of doing business in order to be profitable, but you can't do it without understanding the beast you have inherited. If you do, you may kill it. I see you guys making the same mistakes I made, and I fear the consequences may be the same.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

str34m3r
    Are you advocating that the new management boil us to death problemchild?

Don't worry. The "new management" is not out to squelch expression.

This is all about a single mistake that StreetRunner made and he's owned up to it.

The other problems people have referred to are a result of changing the server and moving it to a new hosting environment. Little glitches happened that are all technical in nature -- example upgrading some fo the server software resulted in scripts not working correctly. So we had to roll back.

The site isn't going to change its attitude toward free expression.

- Jupman

Originally posted here by JupMan
    Don't worry. The "new management" is not out to squelch expression.

This is all about a single mistake that StreetRunner made and he's owned up to it.

The other problems people have referred to are a result of changing the server and moving it to a new hosting environment. Little glitches happened that are all technical in nature -- example upgrading some fo the server software resulted in scripts not working correctly. So we had to roll back.

The site isn't going to change its attitude toward free expression.

- Jupman
    No, the "new management" won't "squelch", I think you mean "squash", free speech... they'll just take the entire General chit-chat forum off the front page. Problem solved.

I realize this is a security forum and yet I can't help but wonder why chit-chat has, by far, the most threads...hmmm.....let me think..... people come to chat and stay for the security info. Some even come for the security info and stay to chat.

Change sometimes is a good thing, but when you start changing an already good thing you tend to screw it up beyond reparation....

I'm not concerend with "little technical difficulties", I live with "little technical difficulties" every day at work, I'm more concerned with change, just for the sake of changing.

But like it's been said before, you all "own" the site, right? You can work hard to make it "run" faster, but it was running just fine without you're intervention. The moderators did their jobs well, before you came along. The members bickered in chit-chat but still kept this a security-related forum before you came along...... you get the point, don't you.

P.S. That last lil' bit was rhetorical, I already know your answer.

Thanks for reading my little tirade. I will digress and only speak about security here at AO.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson