Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your stuff

Smile Show your stuff

Screen shot thread.

C'mon y'all, show off a little.

This is a Slackware 8.1 machine with Enlightenment. The theme is Fossils of the Machine, but the background of Mars is from either the aphex or anomoly theme (I can't remember which.) GkrellM is monitoring the box in the lower right, and you can see two E-term windows open with transparency enabled.

What have you done to yours?

This ones directed personally at you thread_killer.

haha, and i just noticed your the only person who lives upto their name at AO
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

I'll show off... it's only Win 2k.. but it's running litestep with the ExpOS them.. I like it... my desktop still sucks (XP still doesn't like litestep a lot) but it's nice on 2k.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Ok....you guys have got the sh*t going on on your desktops!! Mine is VERY boring by comparsion...actually, it's boring even NOT by comparison.

Mine is winXP home, except I have the win2000 desktop option enabled (I hate all the curvy xp buttons). I'm a pretty big minimalist and you can definitely see this in my desktop. I have no icons (except for the blasted recycle bin!!!) . In my task bar all I have is my command prompt, Visual C++, my masm editor, active ports, music download folder, and IE. The background is my favorite place on earth.....Sante Fe, NM (in the snow).

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

here's my current one

Mandrake Linux 9.0, KDE 3.1 running gkrellm and Xawtv ....

Damn you Phat_Penguin, where did you download KDE3.1 from, I'v been looking for that, also, care to share the Background and the Hardware Monitor sites? I want I want I want...

Alright....just gona take and add a screen pick of my XP, can't be arsed to show you a picture of my crappy Mandrake 9.0 KDE 3.0.......

- Noia

[EDIT]
    Ok, cleard up my Desktop a little, er...still a mess, but hey.....Also added a screnshot....
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

All right well here's a glimps of mine right now...
    Notice the warm background to warm the -30C days
    (BTW the background is from digitalblasphemy.com, so is phat_penguin's I believe...)

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Here is my desktop on my Mandrake 9.0 box under KDE 3.0.
    I believe that the wallpaper was taken from Themes.org.

I would also like to add that I think KNOPPIX v3.1 has the nicest looking default desktop.

hehe, cool, I added a Pic of my case too, so u can all pH33r my Uber l33t Box...lol

oh well....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Here is Mandrake 9.0 running Black Box. This Window Manager has little bloat