Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Hacking Games?

Newbie Hacking Games?

Since I'm a newbie to hacking Are there any good sites for acking games but that teach you along the way. I really would like to learn alot. If so please tell me thanks.

try happyhacker.org, they have some nice tutorials and links to war game sites

Are there any more site that will take me through the whole thing.

whole thing of what?

no one is gonna tell u exactly how to hack because they dont want jes any schmuck runnin around screwin with pples computers the most you can hope for is basic principles if you are really interested read the RFC's and try to learn yourself.

im reading the RFC's i just can't find the time To sit on the computer for that long my eyes start to hurt.

well you certainly have to dedicate time in learning before you can do something

Banned
    Another wargame is at telnet://drill.hackerslab.org I think you need to signup to play that one so you'll get info on your missions and stuff like that. Then of course www.happyhacker.org has some easy stuff. But as for text-files & tutorials.... the sad truth is they don't help. I often laugh at how vague and un-informative some of them are & they usually only cover one page of what a whole book on networking would cover.

Thank you everyone for all your help i will be checking them out soon.

Originally posted here by banananuts
    im reading the RFC's i just can't find the time To sit on the computer for that long my eyes start to hurt.
    You're going to have to read. You're going to have to read a lot. As somebody once said on AO, you're going to have to read till your eyes bleed. If you are not going to take the time to sit at a computer to teach yourself, what makes you think you are going to take the time and actually "hack" once you've learned what you doing?

It would be nice to be handed all the tools you will need in a hacker world. But the truth is, its not going to happen. Its pretty much every man for himself, and only the smartest survive. Thats why nobody is handing out information on a golden platter.
    im not living, im just killing time.
    Go to KidAdmin.com