March 8th, 2003, 05:11 PM
World of Ends
Hey Hey Everyone....
Don't know if you've seen this or not, i ran a quick search and it didn't pop up..
It's an article entitled World of Ends and it's available here
1. The Internet isn't complicated
2. The Internet isn't a thing. It's an agreement.
3. The Internet is stupid.
4. Adding value to the Internet lowers its value.
5. All the Internet's value grows on its edges.
6. Money moves to the suburbs.
7. The end of the world? Nah, the world of ends.
8. The Internetís three virtues:
a. No one owns it
b. Everyone can use it
c. Anyone can improve it
9. If the Internet is so simple, why have so many been so boneheaded about it?
10. Some mistakes we can stop making already
March 8th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Andrew Eldritch from Sisters of Mercy has always known it:
Von's First Law Of The Internet: "The Net is allergic to truth, reason and humour."
Von's Second Law Of The Internet: "The World Wide Web is text for people who can't read."
Von's Third Law Of The Internet: "The World Wide Web is the fastest way to get from [where you wouldn't want to be] to [where you wouldn't want to go]."