Thread: I want your thoughs/info

Banned

I want your thoughs/info

Ok AOers.... check it. I was doing some cleaning in my laptop when I noticed that some weird ports where open. Port 9273 is open but I don't know WTF this could be... I only noticed this open port #9273 today. Its still a bit of a new PC and I don't have good FW for it. I don't seem to see any funny connections its just these dang open ports that are listen to commands that could possably tell it to attack... attack... attack.... I checked my proccesses and I didn't see anything weird there and my AV says everything is alright. Well like I said... this PC is still a bit new compaired to my other PCs. Im just trying to take good care of it and findout whats up.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

After doing a quick search on Google, I found the following page which mentions Port 9273:

Analysis of a WinNT "rootkit"

I believe that the following article also point to the same rootkit:

Re: Some details in a recent NT hack we encountered

This led me to more searching where I cam across the following line on many sites that provide information on ports ( such as The giant port list):

TCP 9273 BackGate (Windows rootkit)

So it would seem that some one has managed to install a rootkit on your machine.

isn't Port 5000 to do with upnp ?
    dunno about port 9273.. Im listening and learning here..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr