Cheater!!!

Thread: Cheater!!!

Cheater!!!

i was bored so i was surfing around the site when i came across a thread talking about how one of there threads had been removed from jupiter media.i started thinking of ways that if i was in charge of the site how i might better it and i had a thought.what if i made a new account and logged in as that new user and assigned myself points...is that possable? so i did it and it worked so i just wanted to let jupiter media know that somebody that wanted (for what ever reason) could do this and try and make themselves look "cool"?not sure thats the word im lookin for but im tired and i just thought ethically that it would be proper to let the owners know of this "loophole" and for them try and make a descion on what could be done to prevent it.cause i could see some newbie to the site come in here and try and move up in the ranks quicker by pulling this really dumb move, anyways thank you all for puttng up with my babbaling and any suggestions for jupiter media on what might possably be done to remedy this im sure would be more then welcome.take it easy ppl.

If you just registered a new account to assign antipoints to your main account, then your antipoints wouldn't have any effect anyway (remember you need 50 for your assignments to count). And this 'loophole' was highlighted by the alliances, with the 'you scratch my back I'll scratch yours' thing happening. I think there are scripts in place which watch out for this kind of action, and it's pretty much an instant ban if you're caught doing it. So yeah, while it's a problem, there are countermeasures in place which make sure it doesn't get out of hand.

ok cool, i didnt know all of that powertoad.thanx for givin me the low down...i hope i dont get banned now.hehe, anyways thanx again.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

yes, back when i was exploring AO i created anew account. knowing that unless i had 50 APs to begin with i knew it wouldnt matter. it worked fine.

but to be honest. firstly you have to get 50APs to make a difference. secondly, after your first assignment to yourself, you have to assign 10 other people before you can do this again. so it isnt worth the hassle.

just post good decent informative posts and your "cheating" ways will do it themsleves the honest way
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----