Security Degrees

Thread: Security Degrees

Question Security Degrees

Hey all,

I'm almost done with my degree in Information Systems and I'm currenty looking to go to grad school for an INFOSEC program. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these programs, in particular, JMU and GMU's program. How are they? What's the course load like? etc. etc?

Thanks for the input!
    -Scott

The program at Utica is excellent. However you will be paying a pretty penny to go there. If money is an issue, the NY State national guard will pay 100% tutition to go there. Here is a link for more info on the program. http://www.ecii.edu/education.html

Nate

By JMU and GMU are you talking about James Madison and George Mason? If you are, you are in my backyard.

I know people at both. If you are indeed looking at those two schools, I'll see what I can find out about them.

str34m3r
    So thread_killer, if you're in the DC area, there's good odds you work for a government agency or military base. If so, can you tell us how many letters your agency / base uses? Where I work, we're low on the US / DOD totem pole, so it takes 6 letters to describe us. If I'm lucky and I play my cards right, I might get to work for a 4-letter or 3-letter orgnatization some day.

Originally posted here by thread_killer
    By JMU and GMU are you talking about James Madison and George Mason? If you are, you are in my backyard.

I know people at both. If you are indeed looking at those two schools, I'll see what I can find out about them.
    ThreadKiller,
    Those are the two schools I am looking it. What info do you have on them?

str34m3r-- You would have the odds stacked in your favor with your guess. My days of working for Uncle Sam, however, have been over since I ruined my knees. Except for some contract work supporting the National Guard, I've been a straight up civillian for a few years now.

smartin77- I don't know anything about either schools program at the moment. I do know people at both schools though, I'll give them a call and see if they can't find anything out for me.