Installing office 2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing office 2000

Installing office 2000

I am attempting to install just the word and excel componants of office 2000. However it is telling me I will need 340 GIGS of space. (yes Gigs.) Im sure they mean megs but it wont go, as it thinks there is not enough drive space. Ive been around computers a long time and Ive never seen this before. Im Baffled! Anyone seen this before or maybe have a suggestion?
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

I've never had this problem before! The WHOLE package should only take up about 157 megs. Have you tried installing the 2 components anyway to see what happens? I'd just install then check the footprint. Sorry I can't do any better
    Flod!

wont install because my drive is >340 gigs. Setup says "drive isnt big enough"
    and stops.
    Remember -

What happens if you try to install the whole package? Does it give an even bigger disk space requirement than 340?

EDIT:
    you can remove components you don't want after a complete install.
    Flod!

What edition of Office 2K are you trying to install - I believe that their latest version was the SR-1, but I could be wrong about that one.. This has to be a glitch that surely would have popped up for others and been fixed somewhere along the line. Have you used the same CD's to install Office 2K on another machine and it work fine? Have you tried searching MS's site for any related info?
    - Maverick

Its bigger. Just seems like it has MB and GB confused. Really wierd. GOnna try restarting (its MS 2000) When in doubt reboot.

*EDIT*

Reboot worked. @#%#%^ windows.
    Remember -

Here's a ink to troubleshoot an Office Pro 2000 install on a Win 98 machine. Some of the suggestions may be useful for other M$ OSs.

Er ahem http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;238012
    Flod!

thanks everyone. yeah Ive installed this copy before and it was ok. It was solved by a reboot. Who knows what caused taht one. I started looking on MS but didnt find anything remotely matching size misappropriation.
    Remember -

I guess that's just the norm for MS products - when malfunctioning, reboot and all shall be fine! Glad you got it fixed...
    - Maverick

buy another cd then .. i never seen that too mate.
    it must be some thing wrong.

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389