kazaa and spyware
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kazaa and spyware

kazaa and spyware

ok, firstly, i am thinking about downloading the newest form of kazaa. now, a couple of my friends have been telling me this new kazaa is loaded with lots of spyware. i want to know if this is a fact...also, i dont know what kazaa version im running, but does it have lots or any spyware? do you know any good websites that will give me a spyware detector and remover?
    http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=812668

i brake for flipper babies

there is a thing called kazaa lite, it is a pireted version of kazaa with out the anyoing advertizements and the gay spyware
    )

Check out KazaaLite for a supposed Ad/Spyware free version of kazaa. As far as the full version of Kazaa being loaded with such applications, its almost a sure bet that there are a few pieces of adware or spyware that install along with Kazaa. To track down what might already be installed, download Ad-Aware and run a scan of your system to find out what is already there, you might be quite suprised.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Ad-Aware is a good software for spyware detection, I would recommend it too...
    also download the Ref-File Updater (from lavasoft too) to be able to update your spyware definitions, as new spyware become known...
    Confusion, will be my epitaph...
    King Crimson - Epitaph

if you would like a good version of kazaa check out this site -> doa2.host.sk
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

When i used ad-aware after installing kazza it picked up 50 something spyware programs, i deleted them all and found that kazza won't run unless you actually keep spyware running!

needless to say i switched to kazza lite quickley after, i definatley recommend it.
    \"I can resist everything, except temptation.\" - Oscar Wilde

thanks everybody for your help and thanks Syini666 for the spyware deleter doodle thingy..i found like 250 different things......
    http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=812668

i brake for flipper babies

sniper0wolf0 there is another one called pestpatrol and it is free. You can download it from www.zonelabs.org or com It searches for spywares and all other viruses like bloodhound. This is the best for me. I update it every week and finds out like couple of new spywares downloaded in my computer.

Banned
    I downloaded Kazaa lite from doa2.host.sk v2.1.0 and i found that it is storing software into c:\windows\user32 and it keeps uploading stuff without me asking it too. some of its actually good stuff but i dont want all this crap taking up room aaand bandwidth without my consent. what the hell's goin on?

When I was using the regular version of Kazaa originally, I merely used a placebo file in place of the required Spyware. Anymore, though, I just stick with Kazaa Lite. I highly recommend Version 2.1 for those interested.
    http://members.cox.net/blankman71/BlankNUBanner.gif
    BlankCo INC., Supplying Nebraska With Office Linebackers Since January 2003
    \"That\'ll teach you to whistle on the Sabbath!\" - Homer Simpson