Questions for my project
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for my project

Question Questions for my project

Hey all fellows out there,

I have a school project in this week about "Computercrimes", i hope you guys would answer some of my questions

I would like answers from all kinds of hackers, crackers, virus makers, even scriptkiddies. I'm using the term hacker on all kinds of ya, also crackers and so. So plz don't get upset

How would you describe your work as a hacker?
    What are your motives? (Explain why you hack)
    How often do ya hack?
    Have you been convicted for your hacking?
    How would you describe your relationsship to the other groups of hackers?
    Is the firms and gorverments doing enoguh to prevent hackers?

Anyways, thx for your participation

Best regards
    Bo Sørensen / EFloW

at the first , i want to say welcome in Antionline.com mate.

[Quote]How would you describe your work as a hacker?
    How often do ya hack?
    Is the firms and gorverments doing enoguh to prevent hackers? [Quote]

we were here talk about how to secure our system from hacker or someone , if you want to nknow more about hack, crack or else.
    u can go to FAQ's and you will learn something ( perhaps ). or u can visit http://www.hacker.com for more information
    i can't answer ur question ( i guess ) . i hope that will help you.

When I lay me down to sleep, Pray the LORD my soul to keep.
    If I die before i wake, Pray the LORD my soul to take.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=389

hey mate u are te one who is gonna banned next

I'm sorry but i don't think i will get much from the pages, maybe i didn't made my self all clear, but i would like peoples opinion on the issue.

Why do i get banned next? ...

hhmm .. someppl, here like to talk abut computer science or some issue .. i suggest you go to FAQ's and read more books to add ur knowledge about all of your question about.
    and about banned .. i guess u should try to ask another question ( not crack , hack or else ). we were talk here about how to secure our sytem and i could make mistake by this suggestion. but i rather not talk about hack or crack in AO . now it's all depend on your self mate. i hope u are not bann or else. becoz i know this it is your first time , and it ever happened when i am new in AO. so it will be ur experience , don't take the minus side just take trhe advantage from it.

I'm sorry, was not my intention at all to make ppl mad.
    Can i delete the quéstion or something?

I don't think this is the rigth place for my questions then, i want to ask some hackers those questions, if you know some place, you can tell med without getting in trouble i would be glad.

ahhh .. don't delete it just make it your past story, so y will be great next time mate ( i am sure of it ) .. u can visit http://www.astalavista.com u can enjoy ir buy pay some money there.
    or you may join in defensivethinking.com/forum on IRC.
    i tell u take the advantage from it and pls never give up.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hello eflow.

I would like answers from all kinds of hackers, crackers, virus makers, even scriptkiddies. I'm using the term hacker on all kinds of ya, also crackers and so. So plz don't get upset
    First of all to help answer your question. You cannot put them all in the same pot. There are major differences between each one. The Term "Hacker" does not have anything todo with crackers, virus makers, scriptkiddies. Everyone is a topic of itself.

How would you describe your work as a hacker?
    How often do ya hack?
    Is the firms and gorverments doing enoguh to prevent hackers?
    Hacker - Exploring the depth of computing in great detail, ranging from hardware to networking, programing, Operating System management and taking it to its full capabilities such as how much control can be achieved over any OS or application. Making the knowledge an art. Do not damage or do anything malicous to any system unpurposely. Only to gain the knowledge in great depths, and to not missuse that knowledge todo harm in any way.

Cracker - To crack applications, and/or unauthorized access to systems. People who go around cracking passwords, people who go around making tools to break things. People who damage systems in general. These people are mainly responsible for the fact that hackers are blamed for all the evil deeds that happen, by media, schools, governments (and people like yourself eflow, who put them all in one big pot, not understanding the difference between them).

Script-Kiddie - A very lazy lame person who posseses no knowldege, and uses other peoples work or code to accomplish crackers/hackers/virus people's quest. Script Kiddies are not willing to learn anything themselves, they just want answers and ready solutions based on others people's work.

A good example. A hacker who finds a weakness, will normally notify someone who is in charge or posseses that weakness, telling him about his discovery in combination with an example and a possible solution. Either an aplication or a system. No Harm will be done willingly. A cracker who finds this weakness will exploit it and that exploit will become available on the internet or other means of communication. He will then perform a taks that will violate or damage that aquired target in some way. A script Kiddie who will find that exploit or code to "damage" a system will just use it not knowing anything about the exploit or code involved to damage (or deface) a program or system. Mainly to show off how l33t they are. (Example are sub7 users, netbus, etc...) Virus writers are again put into categories too. Some write virus codes for testing purposes. To see how systems would react. Some write the codes to actually damage a specific target system (maybe even a cracker would write one to help him crack) or just a malicous code to harm anyone using a specific type of system. Some write virii agains money, or even political reasons. As you can see here eflow, there are major differences between each individual you have mentioned an you have given a general name.

Also to help you get an answer to your questions, it is maybe better that you ask your questions with more detail and depths. And do not mix terms. This site is not meant for crackers, script kiddies or virus writers (Unless its honestly for knowledge and testing purposes), but mainly for system administrators or computer users who wish to secure their systems for own protection or knowledge on how to secure systems. As for any hackers that might lurk here at AO, the real hackers will not tell you how they do anything. They prove themselves by demonstrating and sharing information that they choose and think might be of interest to the security and technical community. The fact that a real hacker may possess the skills and knowledge all together from all other categories does not mean that this is their main purpose. They use these skills and this knowledge to keep exploring things to come. Its hackers that have created the internet to make it what it is today, and its crackers and script kiddies who ruin things by damaging efforts and work, and even privacy. (And certain types of virus writers.

Also like others have pointed out to you here, please do go and read the FAQ again and again. Your questions do not belong on a site like Anti-Online. We will help you understand ways and techniques on how to do exactly the opposite of cracking etc... We will teach you how to secure a system. We will teach you how to learn to READ.

If you choose to ignore advice given to you on this site, and also if you choose to ignore what the FAQ and the site rules state, then you might get banned as time goes by. Theres really a great amount of very rich and detailed information on this site, alone the tutorials section is massive. Before asking questions, see what has been asked before, im sure that most of your questions have been answered already in many ways (ranging from detailed technical answers to people who are now banned for asking certain things). This site is for legal information. Your questions placed tend to go into an illegal area, where no one should help you. Good luck and welcome to AntiOnline.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Question

Call me crazy, but I don't think this question goes against the principals of this site. Eflow is just asking for some insights into the mind of a hacker/cracker/SKiddie. Eflow is not asking how to hack something. I am sure that there are at least some people here that could be of help to him.
    Personally I have never succeded at hacking anything so I can't be of much help, sorry.
    I wish you luck on your project.

-GPF
    Dain Bramaged

instronics, thank you for your time, anyways, i know very well what's the difference between the hackers, crackers, scriptkiddies and so on. But i needet a term for them all, that was properly wrong. I don't wanna upset folks so it migth be better if cancelled my user or something.

GPF, exactly, i just wanna know how a hacker thinks.