Thread: Seperate the addict from the pusher

Seperate the addict from the pusher

I wanted to say something in the other post about drugs but unfortunatly it has gone suicidal. I just wanted to post something and then get your thoughts on it.

"As long as there are people, there will be addictions
    to drugs,
    gambling,
    liquor,
    food,
    women,
    work,
    sports ...
    even to arts, dreams, and religions.

Moderation, or call it pacing, is the answer ...
    and he that knows how to pace himself can win any race.

Addictions cannot be outlawed
    and laws that cannot be enforced
    make a mockery of Justice.

Prohibition only raised the price of liquor,
    to the joy of the bootleggers.

The outlawing of gambling
    fills the pockets of the illegal bookmakers.

The outlawing of dope selling
    enriches the dope pushers
    and forces the addict into crimes.

But dope pushing and the crimes that go with it could be almost completely eliminated with one drastic step ...

The Health, Education, and Welfare Department should buy and package the most popular dope and sell them, without profit, to drug stores to be retailed for 25 cents.

...with a label clearly indicating what the dope will do to the purchaser,
    when insanity will start,
    and which doseage will be fatal.

This 25 cent package, with its explanatory label, would

...first, put dope pushers out of business overnight
    ...second, possibly reduce crime,
    ...third, eliminate psychiatric double talk
    ...and fourth, disgust and scare potential dope takers.

By making dope available for 25 cents one can separate the addict from the pusher
    and at the same time separate weaklings from men with self control."

What do you think about this? Its defenatly drastic, but I think it would work.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Wow you make an excellent point!! You are so right

well it has pros and cons. the pros you've listed. but say a drug as addictive as say heroine were sold this way...everywhere. once someone was hooked there would be no escaping it. now people could change people places and things but your way its everywhere. its definitly a solution but its awfully black and white.

another way would be to legalize addiction. that is if a person finds they are addicted they could register and get their dope free. it wouldn't encourage anyone wanting to experiment as it would give them a record right from the get go and what kind of buisiness would that be for organised crime. someone fools around gets hooked..then leaves the market. no future in that. i know given the choice of stealing or registering i think id register..hey free dope!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

An interesting aside, I saw the "antidrug" ad on tv the other night and they now are blaming corruption and bribery on the user saying if people didn't use drugs the rest wouldn't follow.

As long as there is demand there will be supply-didn't we learn anything from prohibition!!(I don't use)
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

id get involved in this conversation, but ive learned that noone ever wins, you can give all your pro drug and anti drug propaganda, (cause thats all any of it is) and noone is going to agree. the point is everyone is going to do what they want, noones going to listen to any of us
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Re: Seperate the addict from the pusher

"As long as there are people, there will be addictions
    to drugs,
    gambling,
    liquor,
    food,
    women,
    work,
    sports ...
    even to arts, dreams, and religions.
    And what about computer/internet addicts who discuss antidrug in a security site? Sorry couldn't resist...

Peace always,
    <jdenny>
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds

the anti drug campaign the gov waged did nothing but create more of an interest so there answer is to make still more commercials...go figure. its like you say SarinMage people will do what people will do so the best thing to do is stop organized crime from profiting from it. they couldnt eliminate smallpox from the earth with an all out effort. they left out the greed factor. how can anyone think some half assed effort will keep opium cocaine and weed from growing when people want ot to. it cant. not to mention shrooms rosewood accacia synthetics the list is endless. i think we should stop trying to stop the unstoppable and start figuring out ways for it not to ruin peoples lives and we cant do that by ruining peoples lives.

as a side note i dont drink or do drugs except when im away on vacation. then its pina' coladas and cuban cigars
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”