.SHS File Extension

Thread: .SHS File Extension

.SHS File Extension

I was loadin some Excel Files into a Floppy and notice one of the files had a .SHS extension on it. I couldn't change the extension and everytime I click on It Microsoft Windows gives me a Illegal Operation error for explorer.exe. This whole think puzzles me. I have never heard of a .shs file extension before. If anybody knows what the .shs extension is I would appreciate it if you would tell me. thanks
    =

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    FilExt is a great site for trying to figure out extensions and what they mean. Apparently you have a "SHS Shell Scrap Object File".
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

GreekGoddess
    Here is some information on the .shs file extention:

According to Microsoft, the SHS file is a special OLE object that can be created within Word documents or Excel worksheets. By selecting an area of text or a graphic within the document and then dragging and dropping it somewhere onto the desktop, anyone can create a Windows Scrap Object, or SHS file. It is not a readable file. You can, however, rename the SHS file as you would any other file, or drag the SHS object into another document (as you would cut and paste).

http://www.zdnet.com/products/storie...590847,00.html

Here is some info on .SHS files and how to remove them.

Cheers:
    DjM

Thanks for the help..... I've never created a shs file before so I wasn't real sure what it was. thanks again.
    =