Thread: What happened to the IRC channel?

What happened to the IRC channel?

I don't know if I'm missing the link on the main page or what. What happened to the IRC server AO had?
    I miss watching people get flamed for joining and asking to hack hotmail!! If there is a new address, can someone give it to me?
    -ShadowMeld
    The only limit a person has, is the limit they give themselves.
    Cogito ergo sum. - Descartes

Jupitermedia shut it down, Here read the thread where JP talks about it

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...017#post606017

BTW...He's started another IRC you can go to.
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

jupmedia decided it was more trouble than they cared to take on so they shut it down. JP open up another but i dont know the address of it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

irc.yoursincyberspace.com
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

That really sucks about the Jmedia, but thanks for giving me the new address.
    The only limit a person has, is the limit they give themselves.
    Cogito ergo sum. - Descartes

Banned
    Greetings All:

Yes, irc.YoursInCyberSpace has taken over for irc.AntiOnline.com You'll find all of the old gang there, same as before....

Hate to bring up a thread this old... After a couple of months complete inactivity in AO IRC I just tried to join again... And failed. Is the server/service temporarily or permanently down? My actual point in joining the IRC would have been to ask what were the Java clients that AO used when it still had an official IRC? I believe there were two different clients, one that popped up and one in the IRC page... That might have just been an older one. Another forum that I participate in is just looking a good Java IRC Client and I liked the one(s) that AntiOnline used.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

GreekGoddess
    I think JP took it down due to inactivity. Most people are chatting on irc.unerror.com. I'm unsure of the java clients, however...maybe someone else can answer that for you.